Do we need new rivals

outoftown

I'll take Baylor. They'll eventually fall back down to the cellar and I would love to be on their schedule when that happens. I think we'd have a punchers chance most years vs Tech granted we keep improving perception and gain back our 2013 momentum. 

​Art Briles said himself he's not going to schedule any powerhouses in nonconference, so maybe we'll get lucky. And although I like my hometown Bears, I need them to show me something in the postseason before I believe they're for real. The best about Baylor/UNT would be I could attend no matter the location, but storming the field/court is on my college bucket list. ;)

Fun Site. But in regard to the topic, I believe Rice needs to be our main conference rival. In sports, opposites seem to make good match-ups. We are a large public university, and they are a small private. Together, we represent the two largest cities in Texas. Houston and SMU make it happen in the AAC. We just need to make sure that we are better then SMU and Rice is better then Houston in most seasons.

I'd like to name UTSA as our second most important rival in the conference, but we are 0-2 against them, so it isn't a rivalry. For this reason I believe LA Tech is our second best rivalry in C-USA.

Out of conference, we need to get Texas Tech back on the schedule. It is hard for me to get excited about a road game with A&M when UTEP is signing a home and home with Texas Tech.

​Keep talking about their small privates, and I'm sure they'll come to hate us enough to make it a rivalry.

• Upvote 2

​Keep talking about their small privates, and I'm sure they'll come to hate us enough to make it a rivalry.

​Lol! I like Rice. I hope they come to view us as their primary rival in C-USA West. I think we are well on our way after the great Halloween game and last seasons Sun Burn Bowl.

• Upvote 1