UTSA (3/7/15)

CMJ

We're now a combined 0-9 on the year against UTEP and UTSA in the 3 revenue sports. Women with our last chance to beat them tonight.

if Petersen loses to UTSA at Kitty Magee then the women will be one of two teams that don't make the CUSA tournament. How pathetic!

I guess he's tired of losing in the first round...

Actually, the problem is that it has been quite acceptable...

UNT needs to cut out the cancer. If the problem continues to persist, it will only kill off the rest of the body

Edited by 10Eagle10
  • Upvote 2

if UTSA, UNT, Rice, FIU and Marshall all finish at 8-10 does anyone know how the tie breaker will work?

UTSA a and Marshall have the tie over us and we have it over FIU and rice. We also hold the tie breaker over middle, but that doesn't mean much anymore.

Marshall lost. If FIU loses, then I think we are seeded 7 thanks to a win against LaTech

We were tied with middle for the 6 seed. We lost and they won so we go to the 7th seed where we are tied with UTSA Who holds the tie breaker over us. I believe this is how it works, but I hope we are the 7 seed. I can actually watch the game if we are the 7 seed.

We were tied with middle for the 6 seed. We lost and they won so we go to the 7th seed where we are tied with UTSA Who holds the tie breaker over us. I believe this is how it works, but I hope we are the 7 seed. I can actually watch the game if we are the 7 seed.

It's a 3-way tie with Rice as well. If it were just us and UTSA then they would have the tie breaker, but it isn't.

8 seed is not terrible because we avoid UTEP and ODU who are bad match ups for us. On the other hand they say it's diffucltto beat a team three times in a row and both ODU a and UTEPS have beat us twice. Even so both teams are to big for us to handle unless we play the best ball we have played all year.

So how does it works then? Because we beat rice twice but UTSA a beat us twice and didn't UTSA and rice split their series?

I couldn't tell you. Just letting you know it's not just us and UTSA, so there may be more to who gets the higher seed between the two of us than just head-to-head record.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/c-usa/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/tie-breakers.pdf

When FIU won that made the win percentage in the "mini conference"

UTSA .600

UNT .600

Rice .400

FIU .333

If there are ties in the percentage wins in the "mini conferenc" then Head to head is the next step. UTSA and UNT were tied at 3 wins and 2 losses in the "mini conference" so since they beat us twice they get the 7th seed. the other seeds are by win percentage since there are no other ties.

Edited by NT1978

If UAB would have cooperated. Then the mini-conference would have only been UTSA, UNT and Rice. Since all tie breakers within the mini-confernce would have been the same. It would be the win loss against the first place team. Since we beat LaTech, we would have been the 7th seed.

• Upvote 1