Of Quarterbacks and Coaches

Thanks to those ads on the Mean Green Radio network, I know now this is TFLF's way of telling us "I'm having... a stroke."

Someone should probably get him medical attention immediately.

I question your interpretation of his comments. Based on my MGRN analysis, Fake Lonnie plans on adopting a dog. Adopting a big dog.

Y'all are both way off.

TFLF is actually a deflated basketball speaking to a Native American mother.

It is true that I'm part Cherokee. And, yet, I do not oppose the Redskin moniker. And, neither do the vast majority of what you call, "Native Americans." In fact, many of their own schools use names like Redskins, Warriors, Apaches, etc. for their mascots. They have magazines called, "Redskin" and whatnot. It's only an issue to people who have walnut-sized brains. In other words, yankee carpetbaggers with nothing better to do but find fault in anything anyone else in the world outside of their kitchen is doing

But, look...you're not addressing the quarterback and coaches issue. I'm going to tell you what I saw this morning while in the office of a client. On one wall of their offices, they have a sign hanging up, quite probably by a little nail behind it, and most certainly driven into the drywall. Nonetheless, this sign reads:

"If you do not control you attitude, your attitude will control you."

It's akin to this advice my dad used to give me when I was a young man, "Shut the f*ck up and get back to work."

Both Dan and Dajon need to take heed that message. If Dan is sulky about his lot, he needs to not make it public. He's a man, so he needs to be a man. This isn't Texas, where it can be mismanaged for years and still be a bowl team. He knew that coming in. The whipping to UAB surely stung. But, hell, World War II wasn't won in a day.

And, it carries over to Dajon. He's already man enough to reproduce other human with his private parts, he needs to man up emotionally. No one without the last name Kennedy, Bush, Rockefeller, Du Pont, Gore, Koch, Walton, Perot, etc. gets an easy road in this life. And, sometimes, even some of those guys f*ck up their easy road with poor choices and bad attitudes.

If what Dajon gets out of tough times is, "The world is against me, screw it" then he will have a hard life; forget about football. Football is the least of a man's worries once he has other mouths to feed, other bodies to clothe and keep healthy, and other bodies to roof and shelter.

Don't whine about your football lot, when it's a simple as throwing the damn ball away if no one's open. You don't win the ballgame with one throw in the middle of the game. Throw it away or take the sack and live to fight another down, okay?

And, I'm going to tell you something that you may not want to hear: If Dan and Canales haven't already told Dajon what I wrote in the sentence above, they both need to be fired yesterday. Okay? I mean, I have the sneaking suspicion that they have. But, Dajon needs to learn it and live it.

Surely it occurs to them all that if their opponent has as many points from their defense as you have with your offense, it's a problem. So, throw it away or take the sack. Get up, get back to the huddle, get back to the center, and play the next down. It's that simple. How the f'ing Sam Hill blazes do you think Derek Thompson was so successful?

So, Dan and Dajon need to keep their dirty laundry and whining in house and work it out with each other and themselves. Otherwise, they will screw up whatever opportunities that have left at this level. Dajon only has three more years of eligibility, and Dan is no pup. It would behoove them both to hash out their differences, stick their chests out like men publicly, but keep their opinions to themselves.

This Generation Selfie/Poor Me act that both of them have thrown down this week is putrid. Worse than having to listen to a full Lady Gaga song.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1