Let me preempt a lot of posts

emmitt01

I do love how you try and turn every topic and make it about me.

Crush much?

The guy that attempts to make ever single thread on the entire site all about himself is upset with another guy for making a thread all about the guy who already makes every thread about himself... which is really just just a thinly veiled attempt by the guy who already makes every thread about himself to make this thread all about himself?

112719c33c3a4698176435e6ea2914b254761433

• Upvote 2

Here are stats for another QB with local ties. Please tell us how he was terrible for his team as well:

Troy Aikman career stats:

1.17 TD:INT ratio

199 Yds/Gm

61% completion

7.0 yds/att

81.6 rating

Derek Thompson career stats:

1.23 TD:INT ratio

181 Yds/Gm

60.3% completion

7.0 yds/att

126 rating

Not exactly the train wreck you keep implying. It seems like Aikman's peers thought highly enough of him to put him in the HOF as well. Like Aikman, DT's numbers do not top the charts of all time QB play in his league, but for his team he is one of the all time greats, even if that doesn't sit well with the video game football generation.

I have no problem with any QB that wants to step up and outperform what we saw the last 3 years. The early evidence is that it is much easier to talk than actually produce. Time will tell.

Here are stats for another QB with local ties. Please tell us how he was terrible for his team as well:

Troy Aikman career stats:

1.17 TD:INT ratio

199 Yds/Gm

61% completion

7.0 yds/att

81.6 rating

Derek Thompson career stats:

1.23 TD:INT ratio

181 Yds/Gm

60.3% completion

7.0 yds/att

126 rating

Not exactly the train wreck you keep implying. It seems like Aikman's peers thought highly enough of him to put him in the HOF as well. Like Aikman, DT's numbers do not top the charts of all time QB play in his league, but for his team he is one of the all time greats, even if that doesn't sit well with the video game football generation.

I have no problem with any QB that wants to step up and outperform what we saw the last 3 years. The early evidence is that it is much easier to talk than actually produce. Time will tell.

We're drawing DT and Troy Aikman comparisons now?

Hahahahahahahaha...stop it, just stop it

Aikman's TD/INT ratio was very bad for his entire career because 1) the early Cowboys team were TERRIBLE and 2) at the end of his career Aikman was terrible and had a .5 TD/INT ratio, yes one td for every two ints.

If you look at the four year segment from 92-95, which is the period that got him into the HOF, then his ratio is ~1.8, a much more respectable number.

Look, I think that DT deserves to go into the UNT HOF, but comparing a 12 year NFL career to a 4 year college career is crazy.

Different game, different career lengths, different rules even.