Athletic Ticket Office

mean green d

I went to buy tickets for the October 11 game and the Ticket office was closed on a Saturday 9-20. That makes absolutley no sense to me. If we are trying to reach out to the buying public, shouldn't it be open? It also closes rather early during the week. They don't make it real flexible to those wanting to buy tickets who have jobs and have to drive outside of Denton. Any thoughts?\

GMG

I went to buy tickets for the October 11 game and the Ticket office was closed on a Saturday 9-20. That makes absolutley no sense to me. If we are trying to reach out to the buying public, shouldn't it be open? It also closes rather early during the week. They don't make it real flexible to those wanting to buy tickets who have jobs and have to drive outside of Denton. Any thoughts?\

GMG

I can see both side to being open or not being open. The easiest way to do it is to call and have them either mailed to you or pick up at will call.

Olg Guy Student makes a valid point. If you call and have tickets mailed or purchase through the athletic site you get "stuck" with way too much in the way of surcharges, "convenience fees" mailing costs and the like. That really turns me off to using either of those outlets. You can call and have them at will call, but the rticket office hours should be somewhat convenient for the public.

Sorry you had "challenges" buying tickets. The LAST rthing UNT needs is to "tee off" ANYONE actually wanting to buy tickets and attend a game. UNT should find every way under the sun to make purchasing tickets easy and with as few "surcharges" as possible. Seems to me that UNT is trying to win over fans...not give them reasons to "go elsewhere."

I know it costs $$$ to open the ticket office, but surely these is some compromise available. Anyone want to think out of the box a bit on this one?

Olg Guy Student makes a valid point. If you call and have tickets mailed or purchase through the athletic site you get "stuck" with way too much in the way of surcharges, "convenience fees" mailing costs and the like. That really turns me off to using either of those outlets. You can call and have them at will call, but the rticket office hours should be somewhat convenient for the public.

Sorry you had "challenges" buying tickets. The LAST rthing UNT needs is to "tee off" ANYONE actually wanting to buy tickets and attend a game. UNT should find every way under the sun to make purchasing tickets easy and with as few "surcharges" as possible. Seems to me that UNT is trying to win over fans...not give them reasons to "go elsewhere."

I know it costs $$$ to open the ticket office, but surely these is some compromise available. Anyone want to think out of the box a bit on this one?

But I bought my extra ticket directly from the ticket office in person. And they still charged me the extra five bucks. I'm guessing it's because I used a card instead of cash.

But I bought my extra ticket directly from the ticket office in person. And they still charged me the extra five bucks. I'm guessing it's because I used a card instead of cash.

I was under the impression it is illegal to charge a different amount to someone using a credit card versus cash? Obviously online is one thing but in person sounds wrong, always fought this battle when paying for bowling tournaments back in the day. Typically convience comes in to allow online sales and the such, not in person.

I was under the impression it is illegal to charge a different amount to someone using a credit card versus cash? Obviously online is one thing but in person sounds wrong, always fought this battle when paying for bowling tournaments back in the day. Typically convience comes in to allow online sales and the such, not in person.

I don't want to make a federal case out of five dollars, but I ended up sitting next to a female student and her non-student boyfriend. He told me that he paid face value for his ticket -- no surcharge. I can't verify it, but I swear I heard somebody else saying they paid two or three bucks surcharge on their ticket. I paid five. Something is fishy in the ticket office my mean green friends.

Five bucks extra for one ticket for my daughter isn't going to break me, but you can sure as shaving cream bet I would be upset about it if I had a family of four. Five bucks on a ten dollar ticket is a fifty percent increase in net cost to me, and given the product being marketing, I don't think I would pay that premium in any volume.

I'll be heading over this week to pick up a ticket for the FIU game, and there will be some hard questions asked if they try to pull this stunt on me again. I'd like to know who to contact if they do it to me again.

I don't want to make a federal case out of five dollars, but I ended up sitting next to a female student and her non-student boyfriend. He told me that he paid face value for his ticket -- no surcharge. I can't verify it, but I swear I heard somebody else saying they paid two or three bucks surcharge on their ticket. I paid five. Something is fishy in the ticket office my mean green friends.

Five bucks extra for one ticket for my daughter isn't going to break me, but you can sure as shaving cream bet I would be upset about it if I had a family of four. Five bucks on a ten dollar ticket is a fifty percent increase in net cost to me, and given the product being marketing, I don't think I would pay that premium in any volume.

I'll be heading over this week to pick up a ticket for the FIU game, and there will be some hard questions asked if they try to pull this stunt on me again. I'd like to know who to contact if they do it to me again.

I know NT uses TicketMaster to access tickets to most NT events, either online or at the ticket office. Even online tickets for the kickoff cookout, with free comp tickets for season ticket renewals, charged a $2 processing fee. It may have been because you used a credit card, and because it was at the ticket office where they print the tickets thru the TicketMaster machine? I don't think the ticket windows at Fouts charge the process fee if you use cash, not sure if you can use credit there.