Demise of UAB football is a blow to Conference USA

Harry

Navy is in Annapolis Maryland and will be in the AAC west. Dallas is in the Eastern Division of the NFC and so is New York .West Point is on the Hudson river north of NYC. I referenced Navy being in the AAC west next year to be sure folks like you would understand the suggestion MGT.

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 2

If you are wondering why Liberty, Jerry Fallwell's university, is being discussed: Money

They already spend $20 million a year (for comparison LaTech's budget is ~18.5, ULL's is ~18.1, ArkSt is ~16.8) and have said they could spend much, much more if needed.

I don't doubt they could raise enough money to be the top budget in CUSA if that was required of them for admission.

ETA:

Budgets from a few years ago when teams were trying to get into the SBC.

School Revenue
---
Liberty University #147 – $19,437,572
Appalachian State #155 – $17,896,884
Lamar University #203 – $13,382,246
Jacksonville State #239 – $11,336,115
Georgia Southern #243 – $11,207,617
Sam Houston State #263 – $10,533,280

I drove by their campus a month or so ago and was really surprised at what Liberty has done in a relatively short time. The campus and stadium are really nice. I think every college-bound child that has been home schooled goes to Liberty. Just don't expect beer sales on game day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/11/sports/ncaafootball/in-virginias-hills-a-football-crusade.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I drove by their campus a month or so ago and was really surprised at what Liberty has done in a relatively short time. The campus and stadium are really nice. I think every college-bound child that has been home schooled goes to Liberty. Just don't expect beer sales on game day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/11/sports/ncaafootball/in-virginias-hills-a-football-crusade.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Liberty is a hard sell.

30,000 or so online students. Honor code is more strict than BYU's. Faculty in any conference taking them will flip over the requirement that all staff members certify they believe the earth is 6000ish years old.