Prediction - Greer

EastTexasMG

Well 4 completions already, and not one of them to the other team. He is getting his 3rd drive in a row.

It's not wow, but it is at least a clear improvement over last week.

Just about anything would've been an improvement over last week. The announcers quoted Mac as saying we'd see all 3 QBs today; is that accurate, or did they maybe mean to say June?

watching this SMU game, I am wondering how well Greer really knows the offense, in an experiential way that is. He may know it in his head better than the other guys but he sure is staring down a lot of receivers and not making it through his progression, even with ample time to do so. Jimmy should have a td by now if Greer would have even looked at him.

Didn't mean to be a negative nancy but i think we should be up 38-0 right now. Definitely out playing them on every level.

Edited by MeanGreen13

I still hate the whole paycheck game, especially as the 1st of the season, because that totally rattled him. It was pretty obvious. And though you can never be sure how poised someone will be, do you really want to gamble on whether or not a guy who was pretty great in HS and JUCO will be able to walk into DKR Stadium and stay cool?

I'm just glad that it seems like he's getting his confidence back. Still needs to be a little quicker and tougher against the pass rush, but overall he looks better and better as this game progresses. Hopefully he'll be 100% " I kick you ass" by the time he's in Indiana.

• Upvote 1

Greer had one really good drive. Otherwise both he and McNulty have been less than inspiring. If we continue to struggle Thursday, I wonder if we might go to Dajon quicker? Dajon look just as good as the other guys handing off. :)

He also had that scramble that was probably the most impressive play from a QB we've seen in these two games. That bar is pretty low, but since running the ball seems to be our prime focus it seems like you would play a guy who's a threat on the ground. I was glad to see him out there.

Edited by Gibbz
  • Upvote 2

He also had that scramble that was probably the most impressive play from a QB we've seen in these two games. That bar is pretty low, but since running the ball seems to be our prime focus it seems like you would play a guy who's a threat on the ground. I was glad to see him out there.

He's definitely the most athletic of the bunch, but I'm thinking SMUt probably had 2nd & 3rd teamers in at that point. Both Greer & McNulty were average today. Greer had an impressive throw on that back shoulder fade that was called back from an ineligible man down field. McNulty had a couple of decent throws and a couple of lame ducks today. In the QBs defense, they weren't asked to toss the rock a whole lot today. Overall, a much better day.

I still hope DW can win the starting spot at some point....

I guess I watched a totally different game. I thought he played average at best and that's at the very best. He never even seemed remotely interested in keeping the ball on the zone option. He stares down his 1st look and that sack he took was terrible. Yes the TD pass that got called back was a good play and the scramble and throw to Kidsy was solid, but other than that, meh. Hopefully he really advances quickly. He has a great QB frame for sure.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1