North Texas lands former Texas A&M guard J’Mychal Reese

Harry

After playing in 39 games over the course of two seasons at Texas A&M, guard J’Mychal Reese has decided where he’ll complete his college career.

Reese announced via his Twitter account that he’ll be joining Tony Benford’s program at North Texas, where he have two years of eligibility remaining. Reese averaged seven points and two rebounds last season in six games, with his time as a member of the Texas A&M program coming to an end in December.

Read more: http://supersportstalk.com/north-texas-lands-former-texas-am-guard-jmychal-reese/

I'm gonna see how he fits before I rejoice.

I think that's fair. Losing Chris really hurt, and so getting a quality replacement at a position of need is part of where the positive vibes are coming from.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions going into this season without a doubt. How good is Jeremy Combs? How good is DeAundre Harris? How good is Muhammed Ahmed? How good is Greg Wesley? Can TJ Taylor play up to his ability? How good a player is Todd Eaglin? Carrington Ward?

The guys come in here with some credentials but have yet to prove it on the court. In the very least all of the new faces make for an interesting upcoming season.

Chances are 50/50 he never takes the court here.

And it has nothing to do with Reece and everything to do with Benford

You post 6.75 times a day on average. Half of those have to be Benford bashing. That is a lot of hate my Mean Green Brother.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

You post 6.75 times a day on average. Half of those have to be Benford bashing. That is a lot of hate my Mean Green Brother.

What's more scary, that I post that much or that you know that I post that much?

No Mean Green hate at all, simply disdain for a guy that has torn this program down brick by brick.

If you don't get that, I can't help you.

What's more scary, that I post that much or that you know that I post that much?

No Mean Green hate at all, simply disdain for a guy that has torn this program down brick by brick.

Ohhhhhh UNT90. Have you ever seen Grumpy Old Men? Good movie. As for needing help, no I got it, you don't like the guy. We all get it, in the words of Billy Crystal "even the cows can program the VCR by now". Let it go. He is getting another year no matter how many more negative post you make.

As for your stats. Well they are right there in your profile.

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Upvote 1

Actually going back to your stats. I have been on the board 6 more years and trail you by aprox 13700 post. I really suck at this!

• Upvote 1

Actually going back to your stats. I have been on the board 6 more years and trail you by aprox 13700 post. I really suck at this!

Meh.

This is my sole internet outlet. I dont actively do the twit, the Facebook, or really any other social media. And after all the posts I've made, I have never intentionally clicked on anyones "profile" to find out anything about their post count or anything else. Weird, huh? I wouldn't even know my own if it wasn't listed on the main screen.

I guess that just sucks for you guys, eh?

Oh, and Benford sucks and has proven no matter the talent that comes here, he will never win because he can't coach or develop talent. And yes, I'll keep saying it until our AD stops blaming players and holds Benford and himself accountable.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Reese's Career Stats per game @ A&M

PPG FG% 3% FT% Reb A TO

6.3 38 37 75 2.2 1.8 2.1

Non SEC Games PPG FG% 3% FT% Reb A TO

7.7 43 38 72 2.6 2.2 2.1

That 1:1.2 assist to turnover ratio bugs me. People complained about Chris' turnovers and his ratio was 2:1. Hopefully the step-down in competition leads to a big improvement. We need him to be the man here, in this offense.
  • Upvote 1

That 1:1.2 assist to turnover ratio bugs me. People complained about Chris' turnovers and his ratio was 2:1. Hopefully the step-down in competition leads to a big improvement. We need him to be the man here, in this offense.

I wonder how many minutes he played or at least an average. It might provide a little more scope to the numbers.

unofficial scouting report from an old friend that grew up in bryan and is familiar with pieces of the story:

predicted to be one and done but didnt happen... his down fall was he went to a&m and stayed around his homies and smoked

unofficial scouting report from an old friend that grew up in bryan and is familiar with pieces of the story:

predicted to be one and done but didnt happen... his down fall was he went to a&m and stayed around his homies and smoked

Good thing our coach has a history of taking former high star rating players that underachieved and turn them into NBA draft picks.

Go J'Mychal!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1