Love this attitude

GreenBat

Here's where the real comparison they should care about is. In the mock NFL drafts for this year the Aggies are projected to have three players taken in the top 15 if not top 10. The Bevo's? None in the top 30. You can say all day that these things are cyclical and that Texas is historically better, but 18 year olds aren't real savvy with history. Right now, TODAY, Kevin Sumlin can walk into a living room and tell a kid "watch the NFL draft and tell me where you think your prospects are better...oh yeah, and we play in the SEC".

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014

http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/17/2014-nfl-mock-draft-houston-texans/

I'm not sure how that's related to what we were talking about, but it is very obvious that A&M presently stands on top of UT on the totem pole, at least as far as talent and on-field success are concerned.

I was at the OU/TX game in 2008. "Break Em Off" was played at some point durning the pregame warm ups...the OU players & fans were really loving it. This is one of best pregame "Hype" songs I've heard....sports chills.

thanks for posting...

Edited by 3XL

I think A&M has forgotten about good old UT. UT has fallen behind the Aggies and I keep waiting for all those UT fans that said A&M would fail in the SEC to step up and eat crow. Not an Aggie fan but like them much more than UT.

Aggie fans are funny, last time I checked they didn't own an sec title nor have they even played in a conference title game. And if you look at who they've played in the conference they've beaten one elite team in the sec and rode it to gilded glory.

At least the Texas coach is honest about there chances. Not going to be good lol

Here's where the real comparison they should care about is. In the mock NFL drafts for this year the Aggies are projected to have three players taken in the top 15 if not top 10. The Bevo's? None in the top 30. You can say all day that these things are cyclical and that Texas is historically better, but 18 year olds aren't real savvy with history. Right now, TODAY, Kevin Sumlin can walk into a living room and tell a kid "watch the NFL draft and tell me where you think your prospects are better...oh yeah, and we play in the SEC".

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014

http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/17/2014-nfl-mock-draft-houston-texans/

I think it's interesting how A&M is deemed high and mighty now because they haven't won so much as a conference title since, what, 1998? Why is that? Is it because they are in the SEC? Some SEC teams aren't exactly swell though.

Texas has won a National Title and played in a national title game since then and the Aggies haven't even won a conference championship. I'm not a UT fan boy but kids aren't as dumb as people think. They have dad's too. I'd rather my kid go to Texas if those were the only two on the table. Texas is still Texas. It's still in a really cool town and College Station is crap. The schools and towns still matter. (I'd rather my kids go Ivy league but that's just me.)

Texas is one of the perennial Goliaths. A&M behaves as if they are. Texas still puts plenty of guys in the pros too. In more sports as well. If I were throwing money down, I'd say Strong will be coaching Texas in a National Title game or at a minimum a conference title game before Sumlin does either at A&M.

Hopefully, Texas gets those aspirations crushed opening weekend 2014... Anyway, maybe I'm wrong. Strong seems to be the real deal to me. No matter what A&M is not going to easily replace the talent they're losing. Rice was taking it to them without Manziel. Food for thought anyway.

• Upvote 1

Good God do we need baseball!!!

Well this turned in to an ass whippin'.

As far as I'm concerned Baseball, and talking about it or watching it, is one of the biggest ass-whippings I've ever experienced. Don't get me wrong. Because as a kid I LOVED playing baseball. But I hated watching it! I would MUCH RATHER watch women's softball.

Between pitches they don't stand around and scratch/adjust themselves, spit, or look around at nothing in particular. They might step out of the batters box and knock the dirt off their cleats. But otherwise THEY GET ON WITH IT! They throw, hit, field, run, and just generally move things along. Plus I would much rather watch a good women's softball pitcher than any baseball pitcher.

• Upvote 2

As far as I'm concerned Baseball, and talking about it or watching it, is one of the biggest ass-whippings I've ever experienced. Don't get me wrong. Because as a kid I LOVED playing baseball. But I hated watching it! I would MUCH RATHER watch women's softball.

Between pitches they don't stand around and scratch/adjust themselves, spit, or look around at nothing in particular. They might step out of the batters box and knock the dirt off their cleats. But otherwise THEY GET ON WITH IT! They throw, hit, field, run, and just generally move things along. Plus I would much rather watch a good women's softball pitcher than any baseball pitcher.

Communist.