'15 OL Clayton Woods (Highland Park)

Actually, I'm pretty sure I've read over and over how head coaches love to use bowl practices to get extra snaps to players that don't get in the normal, regular season rotation.

I think Dickey was pretty vocal about it, but I'm too lazy to look it up. I feel bad, because UTSA doesn't have any bowl history to reference in this case.

Ok not really. I don't feel bad about that.

If you look at a bowl practice schedule as a half-spring, it's remarkable the developmental edge we had in the bowl years.

In a 4 year run, our program had the equivalent of 6 spring practices. No matter how you spin that extra time used on players, that's an edge I think any of our Belt brothers were jealous of.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I've read over and over how head coaches love to use bowl practices to get extra snaps to players that don't get in the normal, regular season rotation.

I think Dickey was pretty vocal about it, but I'm too lazy to look it up. I feel bad, because UTSA doesn't have any bowl history to reference in this case.

Ok not really. I don't feel bad about that.

Craphole doesn't have any history. Period.

They also don't have any facilities.

Shoulda invited IW to CUSA instead.

At this point, Mac is nowhere near what I expected in recruiting. If you could get an honest answer out of him, I believe he would tell you how much harder it is to recruit here than he anticipated. Remember back to his first year statements, bemoaning how many recruits NT had signed with no other comparable offers. I bet he wishes he had never pointed that out because he did not significantly improved that statistic until last year. However, NT recruiting is still not near what it needs to be to build the kind of program Mac and the fans want.

Having said that, there is no way that NT has as many offers outstanding that they are credited for. Remember that coaches cannot talk about recruits, although they are good at leaking out news through the media. That leaves it to the players, parents, high school coaches to report recruiting news. Not exactly unbiased sources.

UTSA may have beat NT out for this player or NT may have had no interest at all at this time. To UTSA fans it is a recruiting victory over NT no matter what the circumstances. It is not like NT hasn't lost a lot of recruits to the Texas Twins in the past despite them being new programs.