The Lunatic Fringe just got a little less......looney

---- I disagree... and have no respect for them .. no religion has the right to believe they have the right to kill those that just disagree with them ... which is what they did. The same was happening during the Inquisition, It could be argued the same with Jewish people many times with many groups even WWII (even people at Oberammergrau, Germany now admit indicate their passion plays emphasized Jewish hatred (because of the "Give us Barabbas" comment by the Jewish people) in the 20's and 30's (been there), and that belief is the problem with Islamic terrorist now .. they think they are justified in killing people who believe differently.

Christains have plenty of blood on their hands for killing people who have different religious views. If you have any questions feel free to read up on the Crusades.

Westboro is not, and never has been, a church. It is not open to outsiders, only the inbreeds of the Phelps family are "members."

Their whole purpose was money, generated by lawsuits against cities that denied them their First Amendment right to be complete douchebags, and angry citizens compelled to punch one of these assholes right in the face.

Ponzi scheme? Blackmail? As a Veteran myself, all I can say is good riddance to the sumbitch.

---- I disagree... and have no respect for them .. no religion has the right to believe they have the right to kill those that just disagree with them ... which is what they did. .

Do you have an actual example? Or are you just going to link to other accounts of them being killed by others to make your point? And where is your "righteous indignation" toward the Church of England, who we have already seen actually killed many they branded as "heretics"?

-- Agree Pilgrims and Puritans were not exactly the same .... but not that different either and as pointed pretty much merged. They did not extend the freedom of religion to others that believed differently. To claim they came here "for real freedom of religion is false" ... they came just to do as they wanted. .

You're just babbling now. Take your meds.

• Upvote 1

I was pretty pissed off that the family could turn around and ask the public to not protest Phelps' funeral after what they did to others who meant them no harm, and in many cases, died in their service.

Nobody from the WBC ever said that, the story about that came from a satirical news site similar to The Onion.

Anyways, the WBC doesn't believe in funerals because they are against worshiping the dead. Phelps was also excommunicated back in August too btw, so not only will there not be a funeral for him, there wouldn't even be anyone that would go in the first place.

• Upvote 1

Nobody from the WBC ever said that, the story about that came from a satirical news site similar to The Onion.

Anyways, the WBC doesn't believe in funerals because they are against worshiping the dead. Phelps was also excommunicated back in August too btw, so not only will there not be a funeral for him, there wouldn't even be anyone that would go in the first place.

Good catch. I do remember that Phelps was somehow "too soft" for the current church leadership. The whole place is really a pack of starved carrion dogs and I'm hoping that they eventually vanish, but that mentality probably won't.

Do you have an actual example? Or are you just going to link to other accounts of them being killed by others to make your point? And where is your "righteous indignation" toward the Church of England, who we have already seen actually killed many they branded as "heretics"?

You're just babbling now. Take your meds.

. Are denying that the Salem trials and the hangings ever existed..??. it seems so.

. Are denying that the Salem trials and the hangings ever existed..??. it seems so.

No. But you are severely misrepresenting the facts if you are trying to say that the Salem witch trials are an example of a church

kill[ing] those that just disagree with them.

None of the charges were simply "disagreement with puritan doctrine." Some terrible things happened, but it is much more complex than you make it out to be.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 2