Texas El Paso (3/2/14)

CMJ

I figured on us splitting Marshall and Tulane, beating UAB, ECU and Rice, splitting the F_Us and then taking UTSA to get us to 6 in conference. We ended up losing to Rice but beat both Florida schools which evened it out, so pulling off an upset in either of the last two games is gravy in terms of what I expected to get out of the conference schedule. Even though both Tulsa and UTEP are tough, if we were to win one I'd say a home game riding a four-game winning streak is the more likely upset if the guys pull one off. Now that I've seen the seeding information, my real concern is Charlotte vs. Marshall. I don't expect any of the other current 5-9 teams to win both of their remaining games, so I'm hoping Marshall can win at home vs. Charlotte, who will probably lose to ODU. As long as Charlotte loses their last two and none of the other 5-9 teams win both of their last two (since Charlotte would be the only one to beat us in a tiebreaker if they won one game), we should stay in 9th place even if we lose both remaining games. Even though Marshall beat Charlotte once already, I'm not sold that they can do it again, even at home. We'll see.

• Upvote 1

We're sitting on a first round bye right now since we are 9th in the conference. Losing one of the next two games will likely eliminate us from said conference tournament bye. Losing both definitely eliminates us unless everyone below us also loses all of their remaining games.

With the weather, does anyone know if the basketball game today will go on?

I'm sure it will.. I kinda wish they had moved it to a noon start

Just very cold here now , light rain expect to start around tip

Edited by NT03