The Stars are starting to climb the ladder

Going to the game tonight. First Stars game in a long while, really excited. Must win. I used to go to tons, but they don't have the College Rush $10 tickets anymore. Well, and graduate school takes up all my time. Excited to go to a game this season.

I thought they had a couple of college admission type games this season. Don't remember the price and all but I thought I remember seeing it on Facebook at least.

I caught the last part of a sports news show. The question put out there is "which Dallas area based major professional sports team will be the next to win a championship?" The Stars were picked overwhelmingly. The Mavericks are treading water and will be a lot longer before climbing up the mountain. The Rangers are still taking steps backwards from the two World Series appearances. They had nothing positive on the Cowboys chances of a championship any time soon. They didn’t add in FC Dallas into the discussion. I don’t know enough about soccer to know where they are in the discussion.

Welp...at least they lost to an eastern conference team, right Rudy? They needed 14 out of 22 in this stretch and so far have recorded 3 out of 8, so hey, a nice finishing kick of 11 out of 14 seems doable and...well, eff me.

Welp...at least they lost to an eastern conference team, right Rudy? They needed 14 out of 22 in this stretch and so far have recorded 3 out of 8, so hey, a nice finishing kick of 11 out of 14 seems doable and...well, eff me.

At this point, they need all of the wins they can get, and they are picing a hell of a time to crap the bed.

At this point, they need all of the wins they can get, and they are picing a hell of a time to crap the bed.

I know I'm latching on to your "at least it was the east" comments from earlier a bit much, but the constant pants crapping against those teams is what's going to keep them out barring a huge turnaround.

• 2 weeks later...

As of now, they are in 8th by a point over Phoenix. Winnipeg and Phoenix are tied at 1 with about 10 minues left in the third.

Too bad Phoenix lost in overtime, I would have liked an in regulation loss better but we are still in the 8th seed position

No excuse to lose to Florida. They suck. Even less excuse to give up 3 unanswered to them.

They did play the night before and put on a pretty good show, but I was hopping for a win against Florida, even a tie would have been nice. I think this is playing out to be a photo finish. With the final game of the regular season against Phoenix on this Sunday a match for the playoffs. I hate that we are playing back to back games today and tomorrow against Columbus. We are putting Kari through hell but we seem afraid to play Thomas.

Magic number down to 4 points. Even if Dallas loses tonight and Friday night they still can clinch a playoff spot with a win on Sunday against Phoenix on the road. Obviously I think we all hope it doesn't come down to that but Columbus is already starting the game up 1-0 tonight and St. Louis is one of the best teams in hockey that's also fighting for their playoff positioning. Bright side is they're both at home but Dallas is in pretty good position right now. They just need to close the deal.

Magic number down to 4 points. Even if Dallas loses tonight and Friday night they still can clinch a playoff spot with a win on Sunday against Phoenix on the road. Obviously I think we all hope it doesn't come down to that but Columbus is already starting the game up 1-0 tonight and St. Louis is one of the best teams in hockey that's also fighting for their playoff positioning. Bright side is they're both at home but Dallas is in pretty good position right now. They just need to close the deal.

Phoenix has Nashville tomorrow, which I'm guessing will be a sleepwalk for the Preds after last night, but it's not uncommon to see teams go on a little kick after formal elimination (we even did it a few years back for the last 3 after a similar elimination.) Even if they win Thursday, they also have San Jose Saturday - who still has a division title to play for.

The top of the west has really gotten interesting with the Blues slump. Dallas could now easily draw any one of STL, COL, ANA and SJ if they make it in. Honestly, a point tonight and a win Friday wouldn't surprise me. followed by SJ rolling Phoenix at home. I really want that last game to not mean something for once because the team is going to be exhausted from 6 games in 9 days - is that too much to ask?

Phoenix has Nashville tomorrow, which I'm guessing will be a sleepwalk for the Preds after last night, but it's not uncommon to see teams go on a little kick after formal elimination (we even did it a few years back for the last 3 after a similar elimination.) Even if they win Thursday, they also have San Jose Saturday - who still has a division title to play for.

The top of the west has really gotten interesting with the Blues slump. Dallas could now easily draw any one of STL, COL, ANA and SJ if they make it in. Honestly, a point tonight and a win Friday wouldn't surprise me. followed by SJ rolling Phoenix at home. I really want that last game to not mean something for once because the team is going to be exhausted from 6 games in 9 days - is that too much to ask?

I would love to see the Stars have a meaningless game at the end, play Thomas give Kari a rest. Rest Tyler and Jamie

I think Phoenix beats Nashville but something tells me the Preds are going to try to win the game and be as pesky as possible. The last few days are going to be fascinating as Dallas and Phoenix battle it out along with STL, Anaheim, Colorado and SJ even for the top spots. Personally I think Dallas would have some chance to win if they played Anaheim or SJ but that's for a later time. As much as Dallas has going for them and are in the drivers seat I really think it comes down to game 82. I do think top to bottom Dallas is the better team than the Yotes but in that situation and a winner take all game on the road a lot of fluky crap can happen. It's hard to predict what Dallas is going to do against the Jackets and Blues.

I would love to see the Stars have a meaningless game at the end, play Thomas give Kari a rest. Rest Tyler and Jamie

Last night is exactly why fatigue scares me so much - no legs until about five minutes to go in the second, and it was much too late. It's not looking likely, but really need to hope Phoenix drops one and we win Friday.

Last night is exactly why fatigue scares me so much - no legs until about five minutes to go in the second, and it was much too late. It's not looking likely, but really need to hope Phoenix drops one and we win Friday.

I was down as soon as I saw Thomas in net