Want to train in to the HOD Bowl?

eulessismore

Here's what you do:

Click on this link:

http://www.dart.org/schedules/schedules.asp

Click on the system map, or if you kinda know where you are, one of the "location" maps. I figured that due to being in Euless, I was in the "DFW Airport Service" area, and clicked on that.

Read the map and looked at the train lines and stops; closest to me (since the TRE, which I take every working day, has NYD as one of its 6 holidays) is the "Belt Line" station on the "Orange Line", which I would probably take from the PGBT turnpike. I may decide to take the "North Lake/College Station" station, depending on how I feel that morning (suck on that A$M).

I can take that at shortly after 5 a.m. and get down to the American Airlines Center by 5:48, in time to transfer to a Green Line by 6:03 or so, which will then take me to Fair Park. I've taken this Green Line one time, so know it works.

Well, that's pretty much it. I guess I've seen some scary characters on DART light rail, but figure I own the world at that time of morning, which is pretty delusional since I realized back when I was in the Army that I was brain dead at that hour, but hey, ex-paratrooper sleep deprived zombies can probably look pretty scary themselves when they want to. And you can hit that old home button any old time to figure out how to buy a ticket online, get a "gopass" (whatever that is) for your mobile device, whatever.

It just takes some reading. Hey, you're from UNT, you're smart enough to avoid driving in Dallas and trying to find that perfect parking space. Honestly, you may find you enjoy the whole experience, even if you can't get UNT/DCTA to collaborate. If we really wanted to make the whole thing work, we'd charter an amtrak train from Houston by way of San Antonio and Austin like them Okies have done at times for traveling to Fair Park. for that game. Heck, put those UNLV folks in charge of putting a charter together that stops in Fort Worth to pick up some of us Tarrant Countians. Talk about old men in the club car playing card games!

Oh, ok, here's the link to get started with that Amtrak Charter; I know someone can get that going:

http://www.amtrak.com/charter-your-private-train

Edited by eulessismore