Hey, guys and dolls going to Tulsa...

I know I've posted all of this before, but here is an off-the-top of my head list of unqie eating places in Tulsa:

Bar-B-Que: Elmer's, home of the Badwich

Seafood: Bodean (51st Street)

Cajun: S&J Oyster Co (Detroit and 1st? Near downtown)

American: Coney-I-Lander (several locations in Tulsa)

American: Bill & Ruth's Subs (several locations in and around Tulsa)

American: Ron's Hamburgers and Chili (two or three locations around Tulsa)

American: Ike's Chili (downtown)

American: The Brook (South Peoria)

American: Weber's Root Beer (still make their own Root Beer, grill great Burgers...S Peoria)

Lebanese: Jamil's Steakhouse (still on 51st, but now on the east side of Harvard)

Breakfast: Brookside By Day (South Peoria...the also a BBD II "The Duece" up near Jenks at 81st and Harvard. I lived at 81st and Yale back in the day, so The Duece was a good breakfast/brunch option)

Tex-Mex: Senor Tequila (original on 51st, close to Jamil's...look, if you're absolutely jonesing for Tex-Mex try this place. But, really, we're from Texas and it's not going to be any better than the Tex-Mex you find around DFW.

I never had outstanding Italian in Tulsa. Like Tex-Mex, you've probably had better here in DFW.

South Peoria/Brookside area (roughly E 15th north up Peoria to 51st) has many restaurants and bars: The Brook, Kilkenny's Irish Pub, Webers, Elmer's, one of the Ron's, one of the Coney-I-Landers...hit Brookside, for sure, on a Friday night.

Thanks for the listings. Since I'm making it a day trip, I was looking forward to doing something easy like grabbing pizza from either Hideaway or Mazzios. Definitely might reconsider now.

I remember most of these places from my 4 years in Tulsa...lived off of 81st and Yale too, at The Vintage On Yale apts. Where did you live?

Just FYI, if you haven't been here since 2003, it's truly a different city. Downtown is the place to be, dozens of new places to eat and drink and hang out open every 6 months it seems. I can't even keep track anymore. Two new bbq joints have opened up downtown just in the last three months.

It's a neat city, I think my last post got lost in the noise, but you can for sure entertain yourself for a long weekend if not longer.

To whoever is in the Fairfield Inn.... you are in the newest, coolest district in town. You'll have a blast. Everything is right there around you. They need (and are building) more hotels in that district. As a matter of fact it's becoming so well known I just sold some stock photography to National Geographic Explorer for a story on it. In 2003 it was nothing but a warehouse district.

http://www.thebradyartsdistrict.com/map/

Shane

Thanks for the listings. Since I'm making it a day trip, I was looking forward to doing something easy like grabbing pizza from either Hideaway or Mazzios. Definitely might reconsider now.

I remember most of these places from my 4 years in Tulsa...lived off of 81st and Yale too, at The Vintage On Yale apts. Where did you live?

From January 2001- May 2003: The Lodge, Albertsons and Rib Crib across the street

From June 2000 - December 2000: Brittany Square, Jamil's across the street

From January 2001- May 2003: The Lodge, Albertsons and Rib Crib across the street

From June 2000 - December 2000: Brittany Square, Jamil's across the street

How funny. Was at the VOY from Oct '01 til Oct '05...4 years and 1 week. Used to shop at that Albertson's and catch the NFL Sunday Ticket at the Rib Crib. There was also a little breakfast place between the two that we used to frequent on the weekends. Also would hit up the book store on the NE corner of that interesection. Was The Lodge on the SW corner, by the pond?

I'll give you a shout when we get there.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

I'll give you a shout when we get there.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Wife's not feeling better from strep and I broke my phone. Not going to make it to Tulsa. I have 2 paid for tickets too. Sucks big time.

I wish you would have texted me. I would have emailed them to you. I ended up watching from the couch. Great game!

How could you text if your phone is broke... Questionable. :blink: Hope the wife is feeling better. You missed a GREAT time. Give me a shout when you get a chance.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

• Upvote 1

How funny. Was at the VOY from Oct '01 til Oct '05...4 years and 1 week. Used to shop at that Albertson's and catch the NFL Sunday Ticket at the Rib Crib. There was also a little breakfast place between the two that we used to frequent on the weekends. Also would hit up the book store on the NE corner of that interesection. Was The Lodge on the SW corner, by the pond?

No, next to the bookstore as you made you way up the hill. The little breakfast place is BBDII - The Duece. Great place.