Tough times in Tulsa

Harry

"...During homecoming weekend I took the time to get a pulse of the program through several boosters, former players, and current coaches. I will start with the boosters. One booster told me this: Studies on coaching have been conducted on coaches who take over both good and bad teams. For coaches taking over bad teams, if they were able to turn the program around before or at year three, the coaching hire was considered a success. For the coaches taking over successful programs, if the coach continued having success through year 3, the coaching hire was considered a success. I directly asked him what that meant concerning Bill Blankenship and he said BB has one more year to turn the program around according to discussions that have already begun about a possible successor. He also said this: We are pumping a lot of money into the basketball program and we have used money from football revenue to offset some of those cost. Projected loss of income from the basketball program was anticipated this year but not from football. The athletic program will likely have an overall financial loss this years and if BB were fired, it would be largely because we can't afford to loose!"

Read more: http://tulsa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1774&tid=168285857&mid=168285857&sid=1115&style=2

Will be interesting on what they announce. It bet there aren't 7-8k at that game.

If we travel well 7-8k is possible. Could be worse than that. Especially Thanksgiving weekend + with us winning next week and the west on the line for us. The fans will expect to get killed. The team could be dangerous. Edited by UNTexas