There is AD sponsored trick or treating for kids

emmitt01

Probably the best example of a difference in perspective possible. Had I received the note my first thought would not have been "who screwed up", but that I had better call someone so the parents and kids will have it right as to date and to let folks know that a typo was made on the notice. THEN I would have posted the error and correction on GMG.com for folks with a note about the typo.

But, some seem to be so busy playing the blame game that it is more important to post a "got ya" instead of focusing on fixing it so the families will make sure to plan accordingly. Then, it became super fun because it became a double "got ya" as one was able to get in a cute little ditty about the AD...a backhanded slap at a second person.

Probably the best example I have seen here lately representing two different perspectives about most everything. I've been blamed for a lot of things in my professional and volunteer careers. Know what...the blame game never fixes anything, never improves anything and usually reflects more on the person doing the blaming than the folks being blamed. That "throw the first stone" thing often comes to mind.

Right, because expecting your fans/customers to correct your marketing mistakes is a great way to run a business.

Seriously, Mark, sometimes...

But, the good news is there is no way possible RV could have prevented this and it is most definitely not his fault, right?

Good ole Ricochet Rick strikes again.

How's this for cute Mark. I just called and double checked (you know, because clearly this was a typo). Yep, trick or treat event sponsored by NT Athletics on October 30. Now, please, spin more of your yarns about misplaced blame. Or maybe reading comprehension, I always enjoy those.

Oh no. :no: I was hoping it would be a typo.

How's this for cute Mark. I just called and double checked (you know, because clearly this was a typo). Yep, trick or treat event sponsored by NT Athletics on October 30. Now, please, spin more of your yarns about misplaced blame. Or maybe reading comprehension, I always enjoy those.

Cute...what's cute? All I was mentioning was that it might be good to check...you went off on the blame game without checking...assumed someone screwed up on the message....all I was suggesting was that someone check. And, I read your post completely and missed absolutely ZERO of its meaning...glad you like the reading comprehension stuff, but try to find your own gig...that one is mine. You are creative enough, you can do it.

Now, we can all now really go off because what the heck is up with an Oct. 30th event? Who the heck is going to be there handing out treats and tricks...

Oh, sorry, the "everything is screwed up" game is more your job, Emmitt, so carry on...you are much better at it than me, and I have no skin in this game...no kiddos left at home. I doubt that even I could find the answer for you this time. Did you bother to ask if there would also be tailgate trick or treat on the 31st sponsored by the department? If not, got to do it on our own! Must have trick or treat tailgate.

Don't get the 30th thing...must find out. At least you called to verify...which would have been helpful before your first post. Thanks for making the call...this thread can now get ugly for all those who love to second guess....me, I might second guess this one as well...just sayin.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yes...I will make a call...got to see what the deal is...can anyone post the actual Jr Mean Green Club note here...all of it? Surely there are some details. So, let's see the full message. I admit...this one has me shaking my head, but I would like to see the full message before I make a call or two just for my own education...no, I will not be telling them what "they" should do, nor will I be questioning the wisdom of same...just taking for clarification.

Very puzzled...indeed!

• Upvote 2

I actually think Emmitt typoed what he heard from his confirmation call. I'm going to call him to check and make sure he didn't misunderstand what the ticket office told him.

Well, he is a cop after all...cops are always right. Why? Because they have a gun on their hip. Never question a guy in person with a gun on his hip...just sayin.......

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

I actually think Emmitt typoed what he heard from his confirmation call. I'm going to call him to check and make sure he didn't misunderstand what the ticket office told him.

Great Idea. Please PM me and I will double check your inquiry. Can't be too sure. Someone should probably fact check my inquiry as well after I'm 100% sure I'm correct.

Unbelievable.

Truly unbelievable.

I'm guessing the next big promo will be disco is dead night? Or maybe nickel beer night?

Oh, forgot, we can't do that last one but that clearly isn't RV's fault, anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Unbelievable.

Truly unbelievable.

I'm guessing the next big promo will be disco is dead night? Or maybe nickel beer night?

Oh, forgot, we can't do that last one but that clearly isn't RV's fault, anyway.

Can you explain how RV is holding up getting beer/alcohol into Apogee and the Super Pit? It seems you have the "in" to the process and inquiring minds would like to know exactly what is happening.

Well, I called...got the scoop. Here's the deal. This is a Campus-wide event...it has been hosted at the Student Union for some time, but the Student Union is closed. It was going to be cancelled due to the Union's closing. When Coach Benford and Coach Peterson heard that, they volunteered the use of the Super Pit and that the Athletic Department should sponsor the event. The department agreed and thus the Oct. 30th date. It is a campus-wide event...more folks than just the Jr. Mean Green Club got the notice.

There WILL be athletic dept. Sponsored events for kids the night of Oct. 31st for the game. Something about using the north end zone area or something like that...don't have those details as I was too interested in clearing up the misconception here that the AD MUST have screwed up. So, call it what you want, but seems to me the AD stepped up after learning that a campus wide event that has taken place inferior years was to be cancelled. Nice of Coach Benford and Coach Peterson to lead the charge...one or both could probably use the Super Pit for practice that day.

Stand by for info on the kid-friendly events taking place in relation to the game on the 31st.....now, about that GMG.com sponsored tailgate trick or treat thing.

Amazing what a difference in perspective it becomes when one gets a few of the details sometimes. Cute, huh?

• Upvote 4

Right, because expecting your fans/customers to correct your marketing mistakes is a great way to run a business.

Seriously, Mark, sometimes...

But, the good news is there is no way possible RV could have prevented this and it is most definitely not his fault, right?

Good ole Ricochet Rick strikes again.

Seriously, Mike. Nice of you to take this approach without the details, but am sure Emmitt appreciates your assistance. Cops got to stand together, right? Now, you might want to read the full explanation I just posted after making a phone call. If only the original poster had taken the time to find out what was behind all this BEFORE playing the "got ya" game. Could have been very helpful in clearing up the mystery, but.....

• Upvote 1