There is AD sponsored trick or treating for kids

emmitt01

Ugh.

This is fascinating to me. Not only is it not on game night, but on a Wednesday evening. The night where a lot of kids have church events.

Oh... and just what every parent wants... going to be out late on Thursday (school) night already. Let's drag the kids out Wednesday night too. Brilliant.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 2

Did anyone think to call and confirm the date before posting? Me, got no kids at home any longer, so not really worried about trick or treat, but seems a quick phone call would confirm the date.

Certainly hope this is a misprint. Who the heck would be there to hand out candy on the 30th anyway?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nope. And if it's a misprint you have an entire Jr Mean green club full of kids thinking they're supposed to show up on the 30th

Thus a good idea to call...maybe a note can be sent with a correction...lots of time for that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thus a good idea to call...maybe a note can be sent with a correction...lots of time for that.

Right. Because the onus should be on the fans to double check their work rather than on the athletic department to avoid misinforming the fans. What of the parents who aren't motivated enough to double check and just say "screw it, we won't go"? That's their fault I'm assuming. Is the AD ever responsible for a mistake?

• Upvote 5

Right. Because the onus should be on the fans to double check their work rather than on the athletic department to avoid misinforming the fans. What of the parents who aren't motivated enough to double check and just say "screw it, we won't go"? That's their fault I'm assuming. Is the AD ever responsible for a mistake?

Probably the best example of a difference in perspective possible. Had I received the note my first thought would not have been "who screwed up", but that I had better call someone so the parents and kids will have it right as to date and to let folks know that a typo was made on the notice. THEN I would have posted the error and correction on GMG.com for folks with a note about the typo.

But, some seem to be so busy playing the blame game that it is more important to post a "got ya" instead of focusing on fixing it so the families will make sure to plan accordingly. Then, it became super fun because it became a double "got ya" as one was able to get in a cute little ditty about the AD...a backhanded slap at a second person.

Probably the best example I have seen here lately representing two different perspectives about most everything. I've been blamed for a lot of things in my professional and volunteer careers. Know what...the blame game never fixes anything, never improves anything and usually reflects more on the person doing the blaming than the folks being blamed. That "throw the first stone" thing often comes to mind.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I was told by the ticket office 2 wks ago it wld be at the tailgate on 31st.

But, of course, Mitzi...a simple call. Great seeing you guys last night and getting to see and hear Mason on the radio show. Really happy Mason is a member of the great Mean Green nation....well, same for you guys. Hope the drive back to Sulphur Springs was without issue. Hope to see you Saturday..and Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1