Students and Alumni care more about winning than the BOR and the chanc

UNT90

Students vote in a fee that is not connected to any stadium construction and allows for a $2 raise every year.

The chancellor, who's influence on legislation in Austin was a major reason for his hire, refuses to protect the legislation as written, allowing it to be tied to paying off the stadium. Stadium paid off, fee ends.

And now the BOR and the President refuse to raise the fee as was clearly intended in the proposition put before the students. And it's not because they fear scaring off future students, considering we are near record enrollment numbers.

I don't want to hear one word from the normal defenders, who know doubt will tell me that if only I knew Chancellor Jackson, the President, or members of the BOR, I would feel differently. The proof is in their actions and inactions.

I don't need to hear them tell me how much they care, only to turn around and cut the freaking legs out from under what the student fee was meant to be to justify their own political agenda .

We will always be second rate with this type of leadership.

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 18

I did. Concerned about future victories.

Every year we don't raise the fee, we sacrifice on the field/court victories. If people don't get that, they don't understand college athletics.

If I ran my tailgate the way the UNT administration runs athletics, I'd have a 2x2 canopy with holes in the roof, cold generic hot dogs, warm non-alcoholic Schaffer light, and an old transistor radio for entertainment.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I did. Concerned about future victories.

Every year we don't raise the fee, we sacrifice on the field/court victories. If people don't get that, they don't understand college athletics.

If I ran my tailgate the way the UNT administration runs athletics, I'd have a 2x2 canopy with holes in the roof, cold generic hot dogs, warm non-alcoholic Schaffer light, and an old transistor radio for entertainment.

Did you miss the budget increase?

• Upvote 2

Did you miss the budget increase?

It's like giving a starving man a crumb of bread.

Not raising the student fee is the really big news here. That is money that we are letting forever walk away from this program, money that UTSA and Texas St. are a already collecting. Money dedicated solely to athletics. And we just let it go.

You saw the thread about A&M and how much money they raised this year? I GUARANTEE that if A&M ha the ability to raise student fees $2 a semester hour to benefit athletics this year, they would have already raised the fee. Why? Because they understand that they need to fund athletics to the full extent.

Something we still don't understand after being the laughing stock of college football fir the last 8 years.

Maybe this is just who we will always be.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

If they are committing to being average in a below average conference, they should offer all season ticket holders and club level owners all their money back.

I still want to puke, that is the most pathetic thing I have ever witnessed at UNT and I thought I had seen some sad things at North Texas.

Like anyone wants to donate to a program that strides to be average in a below average conference.

UNT shots foot off this time,

Yup I am going to throw up

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 3

Simply pathetic set of goals. This looks like a corporate plan were the objective is to insure bonuses for everyone.

RV has it made, a 5 year contract at an University were complete mediocrity meets all objectives. What in the world is the BOR trying to achieve? I don't get it, now I understand why 6 wins in football is a stated goal.

• Upvote 2

Students vote in a fee that is not connected to any stadium construction and allows for a $2 raise every year.

The chancellor, who's influence on legislation in Austin was a major reason for his hire, refuses to protect the legislation as written, allowing it to be tied to paying off the stadium. Stadium paid off, fee ends.

And now the BOR and the President refuse to raise the fee as was clearly intended in the proposition put before the students. And it's not because they fear scaring off future students, considering we are near record enrollment numbers.

I don't want to hear one word from the normal defenders, who know doubt will tell me that if only I knew Chancellor Jackson, the President, or members of the BOR, I would feel differently. The proof is in their actions and inactions.

I don't need to hear them tell me how much they care, only to turn around and cut the freaking legs out from under what the student fee was meant to be to justify their own political agenda .

We will always be second rate with this type of leadership.

This is just way over the top! You are spewing a lot of venom here, big guy. And, you seem to be calling out a lot of folks here on matters of which you probably have zero first hand knwledge. If it's your opinion, well, so be it...but state it as such. Good Grief, Man, you really do need a vacation.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Simply pathetic set of goals. This looks like a corporate plan were the objective is to insure bonuses for everyone.

RV has it made, a 5 year contract at an University were complete mediocrity meets all objectives. What in the world is the BOR trying to achieve? I don't get it, now I understand why 6 wins in football is a stated goal.

And a $30+ million budget which is above/on par with everyone else in CUSA.

90, I think you went to the wrong school. SMU seems the place for you.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

You suck at math or facts. They can raise the fee up to 10%. 10% of $10 is not $2.

That being said, they should at least raise the fee every other year. Not sure they have raised it at all. I definitely understand not wanting to put more burden on the students, since they already bear most of the burden. But they should at a minimum slowly keep it moving up.

No doubt I suck at math. Thought it was $2 every year to a max out of $20, but could be wrong.

Either way, it should be maxed out at every opportunity.

As far as burden on students, the parents have every opportunity to enroll their kid in another schools at which they will most likely pay more in athletic fees.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

OK, must post this here as the "other" thread was locked...did anyone else notice that AFTER the thread was locked a certain mod decided to unlock it for his own last comment and then locked it again? Amazing use of "mod power" and an amazing example of ego...but I digress.....

I want to respond to a post made sarcastically that UNT90 must be a "great guy to be around"... Well, I just want to say that in spite of his GMG.Com persona these days (which I really do not understand) he is INDEED a great guy to be around! I REALLY dislike all these character assassinations and all the name calling that is going on these days in GMG.Com. Everyone should post their thoughts...whatever they are..and their opinions without having someone who disagrees come on here and talk trash about someone in a personal manner whether that be in a cutie poem or a straight on attack.

Everyone, please...this crap is taking the fun out of GMG.Com. Take a chill pill and relax and grow up a bit...and that goes for a few mods as well.

Come on...it has been said over and over...we are all Mean Green fans, donors, and supporters in one form or another. This getting personal crap needs to stop. Think it over.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

And a $30+ million budget which is above/on par with everyone else in CUSA.

90, I think you went to the wrong school. SMU seems the place for you.

I don't see a $30m budget, do you? However, my post had nothing to do with the budget amount; it was the stated goals. These are the stated objectives, I guess they get you fired up; not me.

Football: Finish in the top half of the conference at least half the time, play in a bowl game at least every other year.

Basketball: Finish in the top half of the conference over a three-year span and be in the postseason at least once every six seasons.

All other sports combined: Put two teams in the postseason each school year.

OK, must post this here as the "other" thread was locked...did anyone else notice that AFTER the thread was locked a certain mod decided to unlock it for his own last comment and then locked it again? Amazing use of "mod power" and an amazing example of ego...but I digress.....

Come on...it has been said over and over...we are all Mean Green fans, donors, and supporters in one form or another. This getting personal crap needs to stop. Think it over.

Same post! Awesome!

This is so stupid, but here's your explanation: I open multiple tabs at once. Because everyone lost their damn minds, it got locked while I was reading another half dozen threads.

When I post, like all mods, we can reply to a locked topic. So, thinking a conversation was still ongoing, I asked a question. I didn't unlock or re-lock anything. Harry or Joe locked it between me opening and me posting. Relax, not everything is some power-mad conspiracy.

Since this is such a big damn deal to you, here you go, all over again:

Do the CBI and CIT count?

Meaning, if we finish 17-15 and write a 40k check, that's "success" as long as it happens once every six years?

Respond your heart out.

I don't see any problems with the football or other sports goals. We haven't been to a bowl game the last 8 years. If we can start going at least every other year, how is that not a vast improvement?

The basketball goal, however, is written completely with Benford in mind, and it's sad to think that we're putting that low of expectations on what's been a bright spot while football has been so down.

• Upvote 2

Same post! Awesome!

This is so stupid, but here's your explanation: I open multiple tabs at once. Because everyone lost their damn minds, it got locked while I was reading another half dozen threads.

When I post, like all mods, we can reply to a locked topic. So, thinking a conversation was still ongoing, I asked a question. I didn't unlock or re-lock anything. Harry or Joe locked it between me opening and me posting. Relax, not everything is some power-mad conspiracy.

Since this is such a big damn deal to you, here you go, all over again:

Do the CBI and CIT count?

Meaning, if we finish 17-15 and write a 40k check, that's "success" as long as it happens once every six years?

Respond your heart out.

You know that any post season is what was meant