'Duck Dynasty' 2013 Premiere Shatters Cable Ratings Record

Half our AD is from Southern Miss and loves cajun/southern culture, so let's just set up some cameras there and let the money roll in with equally banal crap.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think the popularity of the show is also a reflection of the other crap typically broadcast today. 75% of the stuff on television isn't suitable for parents with young children, but Duck Dynasty is and usually has a good story/lesson to be learned.

I think the popularity of the show is also a reflection of the other crap typically broadcast today. 75% of the stuff on television isn't suitable for parents with young children, but Duck Dynasty is and usually has a good story/lesson to be learned.

Are you saying "Two and a Half Men" is not a good family program .... ??

Most programs that are on now would not see the light of day in the so-called wild 60's or even 70's.

Still like to watch Andy Griffith once in a while... nothing like that anymore. One of my favorites that is not remembered that much is "Night Court"... strange humor.

• Upvote 2

I think the reason why more people watch them than the stupid Kardasians is because of the differences in their family/moral life. I think people are tired of the typical celebrity, look-at-me, pregnant out of wedlock, sleep around stupidity of many of the people on reality television, and are attracted to a family that has their priorities in place.

About all I can take of "Kardasians" was about 5 min a couple of times..... awful ... Maybe I should watch longer than 5-10 min of "Duck" .... however it seems very boring to me.... Can't understand what the fascination with it is. I've known a few similar people when I was a kid. maybe some people haven't. ...ESPN is more interesting. ( whatever program is on, and not all of them interest me either )

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66