Southern Miss.

wardly

RV's coaching hires will be a huge obstacle for him to overcome, especially for a program who just fired a coach after one hugely disappointing season (something RV refused to do).

Not saying it couldn't happen, but you shouldn't think that it will simply because he used to work there once upon a time.

• Upvote 1

OK--Southern Miss just fired the AD who brought in a colossal failure of a coach that went 0-12 and they promptly fired him. They aren't going to go after a guy who has made the worst hire in school history and then kept him for 4 years, while also making the worst hire in womens sports history at the university. And if Benford doesn't make any progress soon and really is Trilli Part 2, then he will have made the worst hire in mens basketball history for this school. As I type all of this, it makes me pray that no one from Hattiesburg even knows about any of this and they do want him back. My guess is that RV doesn't leave Denton to go anywhere. He will retire here. Besides, he gave us tailgating!!

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 2

OK--Southern Miss just fired the AD who brought in a colossal failure of a coach that went 0-12 and they promptly fired him. They aren't going to go after a guy who has made the worst hire in school history and then kept him for 4 years, while also making the worst hire in womens sports history at the university. And if Benford doesn't make any progress soon and really is Trilli Part 2, then he will have made the worst hire in mens basketball history for this school. As I type all of this, it makes me pray that no one from Hattiesburg even knows about any of this and they do want him back. My guess is that RV doesn't leave Denton to go anywhere. He will retire here. Besides, he gave us tailgating!!

....and don't forget the worst hire ever to head up the Mean Green club, and then kept her around for at least four years. Any AD hired after Helwig (the worst AD of all time at NT) would have given us tailgating.

• Upvote 1

RV's coaching hires will be a huge obstacle for him to overcome, especially for a program who just fired a coach after one hugely disappointing season (something RV refused to do).

Not saying it couldn't happen, but you shouldn't think that it will simply because he used to work there once upon a time.

Exactly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1