Sporting News Ranks all 125 FBS Head Coaches

NT03

Our lack of success this year regarding recruiting is really baffling to me, when you consider:

1) Mac is rated 83 out of 125....by at least one pub.

2) Our facilities are brand new.

3) Our 2012 football athletic budget was ranked about 87 out of 125 according to the source I read.

4) We have one of the largest enrollments in CUSA.

5) Construction on new facilities at UNT are continuing.

I know that some people say the recruiting rankings mean nothing. And, this is true in some cases. But, more often than not, the better teams have higher rated recruiting classes.

I would love to know what recruits actually thought of our situation, because we are definitely underachieving. I would think we would be having no problem filling our roster with mostly 3* recruits.

I can only assume that our lack of FB success is holding us back and turning away recruits. If that is the case, this coming FB season is critical to begin making a turnaround.

• Upvote 2

We do not have the luxury of a five to six year rebuilding program period. Progress needs to be shown in 2013. I EXPECT 5 to 7 wins. This is not unreasonable with what we have and the schedule for this year. Expecting any less is a losers!' mentality. The system should be in place and players on the field to execute in 2013. It' s time to play with the emotion that our coaches show publicly or else they have not convinced the players to buy in. Emotion and motivation can do wonders to fill a talent gap and breed the confidence that losing is not acceptable. Instead of accepting losing I say put up or shut up in 2013.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We do not have the luxury of a five to six year rebuilding program period. Progress needs to be shown in 2013. I EXPECT 5 to 7 wins. This is not unreasonable with what we have and the schedule for this year. Expecting any less is a losers!' mentality. The system should be in place and players on the field to execute in 2013. It' s time to play with the emotion that our coaches show publicly or else they have not convinced the players to buy in. Emotion and motivation can do wonders to fill a talent gap and breed the confidence that losing is not acceptable. Instead of accepting losing I say put up or shut up in 2013.

I agree with you 100%. With what we have on this team and the way the schedule plays out, 5 wins is what should be expected, IMO. Anything over that is gravy to me, but anything under 5 wins is either very disappointing or absolute dumpster fire...

• Upvote 2

I saw that story when I clicked on one of the other links somebody put up about a week or so ago. I thought about putting it on here with a crack about "at least they ranked our coach higher than our team" but decided against it. We'll see how things work out soon!

• Upvote 1

I don't fully agree with what your expectations are.

With that being said, I think that we really could surprise some people this year. I'm guessing the 4-5 win range. But, I could see a max of around 8 or 9. The players are INCREDIBLY confident. You'll see a difference in their play this year I think. Whether or not that translates to wins on a tougher schedule, we'll see.

Emotion and motivation were Hayden Fry's trademarks. They may be Mac's as well, but this is the year those trademarks should reap results. At least six wins.