9 days to signing day

UNT90

Is it possible that Casmiro still signs with UNT? Casmiro was injured when he left school and went back to Brazil. I don't think he has signed anywhere based on the info I have seen.

I hope not. If that is the best we can do, we are in major trouble.

I imagine that offer was pulled long befor the fall signing date.

• 3 weeks later...

A little over 2 days left, and we still have one scholarship available with a huge need for a huge player, literally.

With little options left after Peters snubbed us, do we pocket the ship, hoping a late qualifier or transfer comes available before fall semester, or do we offer to someone who isn't a CUSA recruit?

• Upvote 1

So, after today, when is the next opportunity for us to sign a kid?

We can't. They can't sign a binding NLI (letter of intent) with us after today.

Anyone who verbals to us after today is a verbal only until they enroll in school. WE can sign documents promising to pay for their education and expenses (I think Kansas State had a big basketball recruit force THEM to commit to HIM instead of vice versa a year or two ago), but they can't sign an NLI.

Like Alzee and Kedrick in years past, they wouldn't be officially locked in to North Texas until they enroll and register for classes.

I will be pleasantly surprised by Benford this season.

Iffy...the pleasant part from you would be what surprises me this season. Now THAT would make headlines around the Mean Green Nation...oh, wait...never mind.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Iffy...the pleasant part from you would be what surprises me this season. Now THAT would make headlines around the Mean Green Nation...oh, wait...never mind.

What color is the sky in your world? Only you and your extremely small but EXTREMELY vocal band of apologists seek to consistently crap on the rest of us who want basic things like accountabilty, on-field progress, and transparency. I get it. I really do. RV and company make you feel special and loved so you are forever loyal. When you stroke your pet enough he'll defend the house from all intruders. But, pretty please, don't pretend to speak for North Texas alumni at large or our too small fan base...one group can't be bothered to buy the product and the other (with the exception of your ilk) has had enough of being served bologna and being told if we can't recognize it as steak it's OUR taste buds that are off.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

What color is the sky in your world? Only you and your extremely small but EXTREMELY vocal band of apologists seek to consistently crap on the rest of us who want basic things like accountabilty, on-field progress, and transparency. I get it. I really do. RV and company make you feel special and loved so you are forever loyal. When you stroke your pet enough he'll defend the house from all intruders. But, pretty please, don't pretend to speak for North Texas alumni at large or our too small fan base...one group can't be bothered to buy the product and the other (with the exception of your ilk) has had enough of being served bologna and being told if we can't recognize it as steak it's OUR taste buds that are off.

Funny, seems you felt the same way until the AD determined your services weren't needed like they were in the past and started ignoring or not utilizing your ideas. Not trying to stir the pot, just posting my observation., because I sincerely appreciate all of the hard work you have provided the program and athletic department over the years. I just find it interesting that you really became more cynical once this occurred.

• Upvote 1

Funny, seems you felt the same way until the AD determined your services weren't needed like they were in the past and started ignoring or not utilizing your ideas. Not trying to stir the pot, just posting my observation., because I sincerely appreciate all of the hard work you have provided the program and athletic department over the years. I just find it interesting that you really became more cynical once this occurred.

I could honestly care less whose ideas they utilize or don't utilize. My beef is with their utilizing none. I want to see us reach the "potential" that we so often trumpet on this board and at the "rah rah" sessions put on by the athletic department. I simply refuse to accept less...or to accept excuses.

If my attempts at help were met with "we appreciate the offer but no thanks, we are going in X direction" I would GLADLY pick up my pom poms. "Our games sell themselves", when there is a mountain of evidence to the contrary, is unacceptable. We seem to rest on any/all accomplishments. We built a stadium...you can expect that to be the balm applied to wounds for a long long time. We got into CUSA...that'll get play to cover AT LEAST the next ten mishaps. We can't recruit (to say nothing of winning) in basketball? Hey, we built a practice court you know! We simply cannot speak out of both sides of our mouths. Do we aspire to be like other more successful schools or not? Because they are improving facilities AND outrecruiting us AND winning AND doing a bang up job of promotions. I know we hate SMU but they are absolutely spanking us when it comes to hitting on all cylinders...and they are a middle of the road program..

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1