My Realignment Beliefs

Arkstfan

in regards to the topic of realignment:

why hasn't a MAC team been mentioned? They wouldn't be start-ups a la Old Dominion, Charlotte, etc and they wouldn't be Sun Belt 2.0 (technically - since they'd be something "new"). I know that UMass is football only (with other sports in the A10), but why not figure out which is the weakest member (ie wandering eyes) and get them to join old conference-mate, Marshall, in CUSA. Ohio looks just about right! and if they don't want to move, how about Miami (OH)? Or maybe something crazy like Buffalo or even UMass..how close is the campus to Boston? anyways, just kinda wondered why a MAC school wasn't considered a viable option for expansion

for reference:

Mid-American_Conference_detailed_map.png

• Upvote 2

in regards to the topic of realignment:

why hasn't a MAC team been mentioned? They wouldn't be start-ups a la Old Dominion, Charlotte, etc and they wouldn't be Sun Belt 2.0 (technically - since they'd be something "new"). I know that UMass is football only (with other sports in the A10), but why not figure out which is the weakest member (ie wandering eyes) and get them to join old conference-mate, Marshall, in CUSA. Ohio looks just about right! and if they don't want to move, how about Miami (OH)? Or maybe something crazy like Buffalo or even UMass..how close is the campus to Boston? anyways, just kinda wondered why a MAC school wasn't considered a viable option for expansion

for reference:

Mid-American_Conference_detailed_map.png

I think if there were a way to get Northern Ill, that would be the team I'd like to see join.

With Marshall in WV, and now if WKU joins, we would have a bridge to Miami or Ohio.

• Upvote 3

Calling out Hooya for history purists is like asking if anyone remembers the good ol' days of Lance Dunbar. I can't believe I just read that.

If you're going to do some throwback, shouldn't there be, like, a 10 year minimum?

Give me nickle beers at State Line, Gooey Looeys karoake, and that joint in Fouts Field parking lot that burnt down in late 1999/early 2000. The Applebees on Teasly/35 used to serve all-you-can-eat Ribs and $1 drafts Monday nights. I worked at the Brunswick Bowling alley across from Golden Triangle Mall before it was neutered into a "Zone" with no-smoking policies and a color scheme that belongs in an episode of Itchy and Scratchy.

Here's a question: Is the Piggly Wiggly still around, just north of campus? I heard that it was the first grocery store chain ever in Texas?

Old_man_yells_at_cloud_by_Badonk.jpg

Calling out Hooya for history purists is like asking if anyone remembers the good ol' days of Lance Dunbar. I can't believe I just read that.

If you're going to do some throwback, shouldn't there be, like, a 10 year minimum?

Give me nickle beers at State Line, Gooey Looeys karoake, and that joint in Fouts Field parking lot that burnt down in late 1999/early 2000. The Applebees on Teasly/35 used to serve all-you-can-eat Ribs and $1 drafts Monday nights. I worked at the Brunswick Bowling alley across from Golden Triangle Mall before it was neutered into a "Zone" with no-smoking policies and a color scheme that belongs in an episode of Itchy and Scratchy.

Here's a question: Is the Piggly Wiggly still around, just north of campus? I heard that it was the first grocery store chain ever in Texas?

Old_man_yells_at_cloud_by_Badonk.jpg

I'm bad at sarcasm. :no:

• Upvote 1