Question about future schedules...

golfingomez

I know we had us playing Tulsa for a 13-4 or whatever it was a few years ago...

then when we got into CUSA those games were obviously placed into the conference schedule...

but if Tulsa leaves for the BE are those games still slated to be played as Non-Conf. matchups, or are any agreements void now?

Somebody posted and I need to find the website that lists future games, but Tulsa is NOT on the non-conference schedule for UNT. I agree those games were probably voided once we joined CUSA. As of a few weeks ago, that schedule was as follows:

2014: at Texas, SMU here, at Indiana

2015: at SMU, at Iowa

2016: SMU here, at Florida, at Army

2017: Army here, at Iowa, at SMU

2018: at Army, at Arkansas, SMU here

2019: Army here

To keep six home games, we need one more in 2014, and two each in 2015 through 2018.

Somebody posted and I need to find the website that lists future games, but Tulsa is NOT on the non-conference schedule for UNT. I agree those games were probably voided once we joined CUSA. As of a few weeks ago, that schedule was as follows:

2014: at Texas, SMU here, at Indiana

2015: at SMU, at Iowa

2016: SMU here, at Florida, at Army

2017: Army here, at Iowa, at SMU

2018: at Army, at Arkansas, SMU here

2019: Army here

To keep six home games, we need one more in 2014, and two each in 2015 through 2018.

Unraveling that 2017 @ Iowa would fix SOOOO many problems.

• Downvote 1

This needs to happen....This would be the highest attended game in Apogee..

Sam Houston State (FCS): Sam Houston State is looking for an FBS guarantee game in 2014. Available dates are August 30, September 6, and September 20. If interested contact Robby Discher, assistant coach at

discher@shsu.edu

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

or 816.809.0580

What is it so impossible to grasp that they are paying us to come play? No different than LSU, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Whorns, etc... We are not doing them some favor by agreeing to go play them at their place twice for nothing in return. It is not a 2 for none. We are getting paid. I would guess in the neighborhood of $1mm per game, but have not seen the contracts.

I am actually kind of excited at the potential that we will get paid to play by a team that is not a perennial top 10 team and we may have an outside shot at beating.

I worked out all the future schedules through 2020 or 2021 in another thread. It isn't that difficult to work it out, have one money game each year and 6 home games. And three of the OOC game very winnable with SMU, Army, and MAC/MWC/SBC type 1 and 1 series. Not difficult at all.

Really sick of people bitching about the Iowa games. as Curveitaround stated, that is our annual money game. Until we start selling that stadium out, they are a reality. I do think they may buy us out of one of them when the Big10 goes to 9 or 10 game schedules.

Keep on mind that the way you "worked it out" was by assuming that 3 different schools would be generous enough to allow is to have the front end of a one and one, with a return to their scholl at a later date, some 3 to 4 years down the line.

HIGHLY unlikely.