Johnny Jones and LSU are 6-0 with closest win 5pts. Seton Hall.

UNTMike81

I kinda agree with Andrew. I'd much rather make a "splash" than win a conference title. NCAA trips, increased attendance and good press are all highly overrated. Now, getting blown out on the other hand, that's a character builder. Come Selection Sunday I'm just certain we'll slide in there as one of the "splash" seeds...that's like a 17 right?

• Upvote 1

Seriously, that's just wrong.

Were not you the one that used the word "cowardly"?

I think a few others here may have phrased it a bit more appropriately that "cowardly". The is nothing "cowardly" about it...inappropriate, misguided, mistakedly, rookie mistake, etc., etc. All "fair" comments...cowardly...not so much in my opinion.

And, even over a private lunch I seriously doubt you would call what the guy did "cowardly" to his face...thus, why do it here? If it were me and you did it, you would either be wearing whatever it was that you were eating or simply left at the table by yourself. Using that sort of adjective to describe someone in the context in which it was used here, well, just a bit over the top...that's all...and, hey, my opinion. That's all.

• Downvote 1

Were not you the one that used the word "cowardly"?

I think a few others here may have phrased it a bit more appropriately that "cowardly". The is nothing "cowardly" about it...inappropriate, misguided, mistakedly, rookie mistake, etc., etc. All "fair" comments...cowardly...not so much in my opinion.

And, even over a private lunch I seriously doubt you would call what the guy did "cowardly" to his face...thus, why do it here? If it were me and you did it, you would either be wearing whatever it was that you were eating or simply left at the table by yourself. Using that sort of adjective to describe someone in the context in which it was used here, well, just a bit over the top...that's all...and, hey, my opinion. That's all.

How is cowardly ANY different than "chicken?" That was the adjective used to throw at JJ's scheduling by Andrew...and by P1 to use against Benford ducking out on interviews. Using a handy thesaurus - they are in fact synonyms.

BTW -saying someone has cowardly aspects does not make them a coward. I'd say all of us are weak that way about things. You won't find me jumping out of an airplane, but some people love to do it. If someone said that was cowardly, I'd just say "fine, I'm still not gonna do it."

• Upvote 1

I don't believe I ever remember JJ not attending a post game interview win or lose. Again, I reference JJ because he was our coach for 10 years. When JJ arrived UNT was less than a basketball power, but JJ left UNT with the best talent our schools seen in any sport, less Golf maybe than any coach ever did. Name any other Texas D1 school that has Tony Mitchell caliber talent on it's team? You can't, and now look at UNT's record, the way our team has preformed in games, and to say this year is a disappointment is an understatement! Yet, RV has said and done nothing to resolve the issue. How long will he let the mean green nation watch a Shanice Stephens type melt down of our current men's basketball team? Not to mention next year, or for years to come? I thought I'd seen the last of this behavior in the Todd Dodge era, but I'm sadly mistaken. RV still believes so I'm along for the ride. Powerless, Oh joy!! Go Mean Green.

I don't believe I ever remember JJ not attending a post game interview win or lose. Again, I reference JJ because he was our coach for 10 years. When JJ arrived UNT was less than a basketball power, but JJ left UNT with the best talent our schools seen in any sport, less Golf maybe than any coach ever did. Name any other Texas D1 school that has Tony Mitchell caliber talent on it's team? You can't , and now look at UNT's record, the way our team has preformed in games, and to say this year is a disappointment is an understatement! Yet, RV has said and done nothing to resolve the issue. How long will he let the mean green nation watch a Shanice Stephens type melt down of our current men's basketball team? Not to mention next year, or for years to come?I thought I'd seen the last of this behavior in the Todd Dodge era, but I'm sadly mistaken. RV still believes so I'm along for the ride. Powerless, Oh joy!!Go Mean Green.

Isaiah Austin @ Baylor?

• Upvote 1

How is cowardly ANY different than "chicken?" That was the adjective used to throw at JJ's scheduling by Andrew...and by P1 to use against Benford ducking out on interviews. Using a handy thesaurus - they are in fact synonyms.

BTW -saying someone has cowardly aspects does not make them a coward. I'd say all of us are weak that way about things. You won't find me jumping out of an airplane, but some people love to do it. If someone said that was cowardly, I'd just say "fine, I'm still not gonna do it."

Thanks funny...used to sky dive a good bit...never saw anyone who did not as cowardly....and never called anyone a coward for not doing so. And, if you will note the adjectives I described that I felt more appropriate...I did not use "chicken or chicken S...", which I would also deem as inappropriate. And...for the record...I never said you called Benford a coward. Go back and read my posts if you think I did.

Love how folks have piled on this one....I guess using certain adjectives behind an avatar is way cool with lots of folks. What would one use to describe calling someone's act "cowardly" by utilizing the guys name, while the other made that accusation behind an anonymous avatar? Seems both parties are "hiding" in some way...no? Ironic if you ask me....but, again, just my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

JJ missed a few postgame interviews here and there. I remember losing by 20 to SHSU a few years back and JJ never came out for an interview. You knew it was when he was peeling paint off the walls. I seem to remember the team blowing out our next couple of opponents.

***This was in response to UNTMike81.

Edited by CMJ

Thanks funny...used to sky dive a good bit...never saw anyone who did not as cowardly....and never called anyone a coward for not doing so. And, if you will note the adjectives I described that I felt more appropriate...I did not use "chicken or chicken S...", which I would also deem as inappropriate. And...for the record...I never said you called Benford a coward. Go back and read my posts if you think I did.

Love how folks have piled on this one....I guess using certain adjectives behind an avatar is way cool with lots of folks. What would one use to describe calling someone's act "cowardly" by utilizing the guys name, while the other made that accusation behind an anonymous avatar? Seems both parties are "hiding" in some way...no? Ironic if you ask me....but, again, just my opinion.

Most people who have posted on here for any length of time have seen my real name many times. I don't believe I am some anonymous poster hiding behind an avatar. :P

Benford does post game interviews after every home game (win or loss). No radio. They go up on meangreensports.com. Usually the same night.

WHAT???? It can't be. You must be mistaken...I am told here that the guy commits a cowardly offense by not coming out and doing interviews. Maybe it's just "cowardly" if its not on radio. Might be a distinction that I have missed.

Anway...just having some fun here with folks who like to throw out this sort of "adjective" describing folks and/or their actions. I guess it's just a sign of the times that folks like to do as such...oh, well.

Now...back to JJ and his 6-0 record...anyone have any thoughts on that?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

WHAT???? It can't be. You must be mistaken...I am told here that the guy commits a cowardly offense by not coming out and doing interviews. Maybe it's just "cowardly" if its not on radio. Might be a distinction that I have missed.

Anway...just having some fun here with folks who like to throw out this sort of "adjective" describing folks and/or their actions. I guess it's just a sign of the times that folks like to do as such...oh, well.

Now...back to JJ and his 6-0 record...anyone have any thoughts on that?

Now this post is a guy calling another guy cowardly for posting "cowardly" on a message board behind a fake name whilst doing the same.

The Irony here is sooo delicious.

Wait a second, I did it too... Now I am the guy calling another guy posting under a fake name cowardly for another calling another poster posting under a fake name cowardly for saying a guy committed a cowardly act.

Oh well, just opining about opinions. Mine is but another opinion of an opinion in this sea of wide ranging opinions. If we call all posts opinions, and mention it every single time then it seems like we are all nice guys here and trying to get along with everyone while reducing the opinions others.

Now, lets get back to what we were talking about earlier so I can have the last opinion on this topic...

Now this post is a guy calling another guy cowardly for posting "cowardly" on a message board behind a fake name whilst doing the same.

Wait a second, I did it too... Now I am the guy calling another guy posting under a fake name cowardly for another calling another poster posting under a fake name cowardly for saying a guy committed a cowardly act.

Oh well, just opining about opinions. Mine is but another opinion of an opinion in this sea of wide ranging opinions. If we call all posts opinions, and mention it every single time then it seems like we are all nice guys here and trying to get along with everyone while reducing the opinions others.

Now, lets get back to what we were talking about earlier so I can have the last opinion on this topic...

This is probably the finest last word on the subject that could be imagined....do you have an opinion on JJ's 6-0 starty as well?

robert-downey-jr-tropic-thunder.jpg