The way I see it.

trussbussdad

I don't think he said anything about not setting ourselves back. His point was Troy couldn't really be considered behind us during anytime since they came into our consciousness around the Sunbelt.

I am not sure what you are trying to prove by quoting their web site. Yes, they moved to D1 in 2001, and yes they beat us in 2001. So, since they beat us going back 11 years ago, how can you say they passed us up 6-7 years ago? They have had a good football program for a long time, we have not. Was our football program ever ahead of them?

I was referring to the difference between the FBS and FCS levels.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So, what happened there? Cristobal spent too much time interviewing for a new job? Both F*U teams (yeah, I borrowed that line from the "Bottom Ten" column; so what) decided to go south at the same time?

Beats me.Thats whats great about college football. FIU surprisingly tanked, MTSU and ULM did just the opposite. La Tech is the big winner to me, beating both Virginia and Illinois on the road, and loseing to A&M in one of the best games I have seen so far this season. Go figure.

We are 7&5 against MTSU,lost 5 of last 10 games. I can't remember if we beat ULL last year, but we were 4&6 thru 2010,lost 5 of last 6 games. So I guess the answer is that we have never been better than Troy,have basically won every other year against MTSU,and ULM passed us about 5 or 6 years ago. And yes, I am one of 2 posters that don't think at this point we have much talent, along with the 10 Belt coaches that picked up to finish 8th in conference.

WE also have lost 7 straight against A-State. It's safe to say that at least we have really gone south in the Belt in the past 8 years.

WE also have lost 7 straight against A-State. It's safe to say that at least we have really gone south in the Belt in the past 8 years.

When you hire a high school that was instantly way in over his head for 4 years, what do you expect? BOOYAH!!! Got my Teflon Todd bashing in!!

• Downvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

2-9, 3-9, 2-10, 1-11, 2-10, 3-9, 5-7, 3-5(probably 4-8) is what has surfaced the last 8 years.

I mean no disrespect to you, Connor's class could very well be the one that turns things around, but most of us have sat through enough losses and just can't do it any longer. I'm tired of writing off seasons halfway through and rationalizing it by the fact that we have freshman and sophomores out there who will be all conference by the time their seniors, or so everyone says. Only problem is we've watched this same cycle since 2005 with players who don't pan out and I don't even know what to say at this point.

I think it is interesting that your photo shows the most overrated athlete in North Texas history 5 fouls and 3 points against a very mediocre ULaLa team. NBA??? HaHaHa Legend in his own mind--you betcha

When you hire a high school that was instantly way in over his head for 4 years, what do you expect? BOOYAH!!! Got my Teflon Todd bashing in!!

You do realize the most recent two coaches (Malzahn and Freeze) had no College HC experience and have both led ASU to a Conference Title in each of their first seasons