ULL fumble at end of game

kj86

I watched a reply of the game last night. It looked like the ULL guy made a weak, at best, effort to pull the ball away from whoever recovered it. Looked like all he had to do was roll over and ULL would have retained possession. Bet he's getting ripped on their board...and by his coaches.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of that series, watched the taped game and that called back td, sure seemed to be a bad call by the refs.

The fumble seemed to be a case of the ULL player grabbing the ball after the play was over, which works often when there is a big pile up.

There are always if and buts, but it seems that bad ref calls cost NT two tds. If that had not happened and ULL's two big plays had been prevented and this would have been a rout. Of course ULL will counter that if a couple of their long tosses could have been caught, they would have won. It is just good to have NT win and not have to play the what if game.

Chancellor was off the line. 5 men in the backfield.

I was at the game so I did not see the replay on ESPN2 but from what I understand, during the broadcast, they ran a CG line across the screen to show who was and wasnt in the backfield. According to the announcers and their CG line there weren't 5 in the backfield and the play should have resulted in a TD.

• Upvote 2

I watched a reply of the game last night. It looked like the ULL guy made a weak, at best, effort to pull the ball away from whoever recovered it. Looked like all he had to do was roll over and ULL would have retained possession. Bet he's getting ripped on their board...and by his coaches.

And Hilbert Jackson came flying in and knocked the ULL receiver away from the ball.

It looked to me that his foot was far enough forward to not be a penalty. I also think the TD that they ruled down on the 1 was nonsense. That was a bad call.

A million times this. The called back touchdown was a 50/50 judgement call. Bryd clearly broke the plain before he was down.

• Upvote 1