Disaster...

AndersonUNT

As to the student fee expiring when the stadium is paid off, a smart athletic department refinances again and again and again, thus ensuring the student fee in perpetuity.

The strange thing is there was no expiration to the student fee as voted on by the students and as approved by the BOR. That was added on by Gov. Perry's office before approval. It seems to me the A.D. ought to be able to keep the fee in perpetuity without being forced to refinance into perpetuity.

As to the student fee expiring when the stadium is paid off, a smart athletic department refinances again and again and again, thus ensuring the student fee in perpetuity.

government does not allow this....you cannot take out an equity loan on a government building and I doubt anyone would give one anyway

the reason the university is able to bond out the stadium now even though it is a government building is because ultimately The State of Texas (first the north Texas system) backs those bonds with tuition revenues and then with state general funding

once the stadium bonds are paid off The State of Texas would not be a backer of those bonds and the system would not be able to back them alone

and even if they could somehow find a loophole no one is going to loan against a government owned stadium that will be 20 years old at that point

I admit to being a Koolaide drinker, but I'm not so sure about that. IMO, we've got an excellent and deep CUSA OL line to go along with a very good CUSA defense as we go into next season. We've just got to get some consistency out of the QB position and kicking game, and also find ourselves another playmaker or two. We've got some holes, but I still say things are looking up.

While the OL is definitely good, it is not even close to being deep.