Maybe this team doesn't want it?

GreenBat

Sounds like he's joking.#Sarcasm. Not Trashing on anyone, just posting their words. #NotSarcasm

Nicolas Summerfield@NTIronEagle

Dear Coach Mac, I would totally accept a cancellation of practice in order to watch the Cowboys game today. Thanks! Your pal Nic

4hKonockus Sashington@Sashington39

@NTIronEagle hell no

4hNicolas Summerfield@NTIronEagle

@Sashington39 hell no what? I would like to watch a cowboys game this year.

Edited by GreenBat
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

It was only a matter of time until one of the helicopter parents showed up and dug up an old thread. Looks like things are back to normal around here.

It is about time you quit reconfirming your level of classlessness and immaturity and leave our fan board. You can call me out all you want, but calling out a player's mother because she chose to clarify one of our fan's ridiculous posts about her son from about a month ago is over the line.

• Upvote 1

I think I'm with Cougar King on this one.

Good grief, the current generation of parenting is absolutely pathetic. I would be absolutely mortified to have had a parent post something like this.

Luckily it sounds like Nic hasn't been negatively affected by this kind of "helicoptering", since he is such a hard worker (or maybe he's overcompensating for it??), but most of the kids being raised by these parents are gonna' turn out as total wusses.

It'll totally be over the next time the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor.

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Good grief, the current generation of parenting is absolutely pathetic. I would be absolutely mortified to have had a parent post something like this.

Luckily it sounds like Nic hasn't been negatively affected by this kind of "helicoptering", since he is such a hard worker (or maybe he's overcompensating for it??), but most of the kids being raised by these parents are gonna' turn out as total wusses.

It'll totally be over the next time the German's bomb Pearl Harbor.

???

I think some of our player parents should talk with Green59 about how, what and when they should post on message boards. Not commenting on the content of the posts, just want to make sure they don't get too into this stuff and take it too personally. Your playing sons would probably like it if you simply stayed away from posting on message boards. I know it's tough. I experienced a few "not so joyful moments" as the father of a college soccer goalkeeper. Tough to stay out of some of the idiotic things said and posted on message boards...especially if they hit a tad close to home...but, best to do so. Green59 is the perfect example of how a parent should handle these things. As to what i did...I read the board but never ever posted. Good thing too, as there were times I would like to have jumped right in...not a good thing. A word to the wise here folks. Leave your parenting at the door...these are college kids not high schoolers any longer....they can and will handle it!

Parents...do yourself a favor...call or PM Green59. he's a great guy and can give you some excellent pointers on what to do and what not to do. Your son's will be very happy you did...and, so will you!

• Upvote 2

Maybe she shouldn't have commented, but I have a question for you, do you have children?

I am a parent of two children and I find this comment highly offensive. My kids are only 4 and 3, but we constantly try to teach them about responsibility, working hard, studying, being a good leader, and what it means to be a good human being. Am I a perfect parent, absolutely not. Will my kids understand what respect is and that quitting is unacceptable, absolutely.

At 4 my son already can explain why we fought the British in the American Revolution. I promise you by five he won't ever make the mistake about who bombed Pearl Harbor. Our history is important, take some time to learn it, and and try to learn something about respect. Certainly parents, not of my generation, would have taught you taking anonymous cheap shots on a message board is disrespectful. If you are going to call some out like that, at least put your name on it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If we're going to talk about the players not wanting it... let's talk about the tweets that express how much they do want it:

(and here are some words from DT before I start):

Derek Thompson @DerekThompson_7 : "Gotta watch what you say on Twitter lol people always lookin for ammo."

Nic Summerfield @NTIronEagle : "It's another beautiful day for some Mean Green Football! #GMG #MGF"

Nic Summerfield @NTIronEagle : "'The road to success is lined with many tempting parking spaces.' Don't get complacent. Strive for greatness and don't let anyone stop you."

Jeremy Phillips @jphilican45 : "Gonna be nice to be back on that field this weekend! #MGF"

KC Obi @KOBI_48 : "We bout that action!!! #UNTFOOTBALL"

Brandin Byrd @BByrd24 : "Big Rivalry game this Sunday against the Sweethearts. Get y'all's minds right."

Zach Orr @ZO35 : "gotta keep getting better each and every day! #GOMEANGREEN"

... just a few, i'm sure if i kept scrolling through pages of each player's twitter page... we'd see how much they do want it, and do love not only football- but mean green football.