Hops Galore

Some of the recent threads have me anticipating a very high flying team next year. We all know that MItchell can match anyone in the dunking department. He not only can get up but he has as quick a jump as I've seen. Now, he has lauded new big man; Coleman for his jumping ability. It is reported that Jordan Williams is taller and if it were not for MItchell, everyone at NT would be marveling at his jumping ability. Add in Patton who has big time hops and Jones who has reportedly the best vertical on the team. No, I have never even seen Jones attempt a dunk, but he won dunk contests in high school. Holmen and Alzee can also get up there.

No records are kept, but I bet NT will have more slams than any NT team and may be close to the tops in the nation next year.

• Upvote 6

We need to come up with a nickname. When I grew up in Houston I followed the Cougs when Olajowan and Clyde were there and their nickname was Phi Slama Jama. We need to come up with something like that for this year.

Can we please focus more on underhanded free throws, burning up the shot clock, using the glass, walking the ball up court, passing at least 8 times before shooting, lay-ups, flat footed jump shots, four corners offense and Pete Carril?

There's a board for that. Do you want the link?

• Upvote 3