SIGNED - 2012 HS - P.J. Hardwick - 5'10" PG

1) I gotta think that this means Robinson plans on transferring

2) It's probably going to come down b/w us and SMU

I wouldn't be too sure... Could be wooing a potential Chris Jones insurance policy. From what I understand, Chris was in good academic shape until Fall finals... If he has a bad set of exams again and can't get eligible, we're going to need someone to fill his shoes to make the most of next year's talent.

we just need to get the best talent available,

Rather have more post presence, then insurance at PG with Chris Jones academics.

This. Until we can count on Chris Jones to perform consistently in the classroom, we need all the insurance we can get.

This will probably be a unpopular idea , but I say we ask Overlander to grey shirt or walk on for the 2012-13 season. If there is a chance we can add Harwick along w. Odoh & Coleman , you go for it. We are heading into a tougher conference and need to step up our talent. I think all 3 could be impact players in USA.

I just don't see where Overlander fits this year IF everyone is back and on board ( like I fully expect them to be). Clarke is a 2 , maybe a 3. With CJ back, Alzee can move back to the guard slot with Walton coming off the bench. I really don't see what Overlander could bring to the table that would push Walton for any PT. If we did add the very talented Harwick , we could have both him and CJ on the court at the sametime. Maybe move CJ over to the 2 at times.

At the 3 we have Patton and Jordan. Both very athletic , who can do just about everything. Again , I don't see Clarke pushing either of these 2 for playing time as a true frosh

Let's say we do this (add Odoh & Coleman) we could move Roger , Mitchell or even Niko to the 3 as well.

I'm not saying I'm against Overlander coming here , I just think the timing may be off. Next year would really be ideal. We will have a handful of ships and he could slide in and replace Walton.

In my opinion , a grey shirt or a walk on status ( just for this year) would help us more. Overlander seems to really love UNT and his parents could probably afford it , so it might work out.

Just a thought

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

wait... what? Trent Internationale School? Sugar Land? I've driven by there when going to buy paint at the Pittsburgh Paints store, and thought it was some small private school for foreigners living in Houston to send their kids to. It has a Basketball academy? I've never seen the name mentioned in the Houston Chronicle. Weird.

So now I've watched the video, and see that it was taken at the Texas Southern basketball arena...