New CUSA_MWC Site Started

GreenPepper

Here's the first post from the board originator:

I'm selfish and really focus on what's best for Marshall in any situation. Looking at the schools available and the rumors that we've been hearing over the last few weeks, I honestly believe that a decision has already been made.

Invitations will be officially extended to San Jose St., Utah St., North Texas, and FIU. I have no idea about anyone else, but those four I'm pretty sure about, especially the first three.

Probably a silly question, however, I will ask it anyway. Does anyone know how soon any or all the aforementioned Universities will announce they have accepted an invitation to the new Conference? A timeline, a deadline, anything...

Probably a silly question, however, I will ask it anyway. Does anyone know how soon any or all the aforementioned Universities will announce they have accepted an invitation to the new Conference? A timeline, a deadline, anything...

I think they have to at least wait until the new conference is officially signed off on. Once it is ... and assuming they already know who they will invite ... then it should come very quickly after the ink dries on the contracts.

Yes, but here is what he says in the "introduce yourself" thread.

"I'll start. My name is Luke McKay. I'm a sophomore Finance student at Marshall University. Go Herd!"

Hope he's right, but obviously not a very qualified source of information.

• Upvote 2

I think they have to at least wait until the new conference is officially signed off on. Once it is ... and assuming they already know who they will invite ... then it should come very quickly after the ink dries on the contracts.

I guess we are waiting for the NCAA to sign off on the Conference merger? That could take a while I guess.

I guess we are waiting for the NCAA to sign off on the Conference merger? That could take a while I guess.

I don't know if we're waiting on the NCAA ... we are waiting on the details to be finalized and for the schools themselves to committ to the new conference. It would be a huge mess if they leaked who has been invited and then the merger failed to happen for some reason.

The originally had a goal of the new conference being ready to go by May 1st. Originally I thought there was little chance they could hit this deadline and it would drag into late May or June. Now it sounds like they may be ready to launch before May 1st.

If we are waiting on an NCAA decision involving UNT, give it an extra 2 years.

Then hope for the worse and watch a conference merger involving OU take 2 weeks for sign off.

• Upvote 1