Thoughts on McCarney

Harry

Ever hear someone say, "It's just North Texas' luck"?

I know I have.

I thought about that today when we found out that Dan McCarney, one of the really great people in coaching, suffered a stroke over the weekend.

McCarney could probably run most of us into the ground. He has to be the most in-shape 58-year-old guy I have ever known.

All we know at this point is that McCarney is in the hospital having some tests. It might be a few days until we know how serious the stroke was. Sometimes people bounce right back. Other times strokes can be more serious.

We will just have to hope for the best for McCarney. There are a lot of people out there thinking about him tonight.

The most important concern is McCarney's health.

Click here to read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2012/02/thoughts-on-mccarney-1.html

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120214/SPORTS/120214005/McCarney-still-hospitalized-confirms-stroke-but-sounds-cheery

“But tell everyone back there that I’m doing fine,” the former ISU head football coach said Tuesday from his bed in a Denton, Texas, hospital. “I’ve got too much Irish in me to stay down very long.”

“Nothing wrong with me that a little Grey Goose won’t cure.”

This is why we Cyclones loved and still love Dan. Glad to hear he's doing fine and will be back strong to work for the Mean Green.

• Upvote 1

I hope they find the cause of the stroke and it is easy to prevent in the future. As much as I would like to see Coach McCarney be our head FB coach for a good while, I don't want the stress of running a D1 football program to cause him any major health concerns. With today's "win at all costs" mentality in college football, I can only imagine the stress that comes with the job.