La. Tech after UNT commit

Harry

I talked with Devante Davis this afternoon for a couple of minutes to see where he stands as we head toward national signing day.

He is headed to Denton for his official visit this weekend.

The Baton Rouge Woodlawn standout is still committed to UNT, but he is going to take one additional visit after this weekend.

He is headed to Louisiana Tech for an official visit on the 27th.

"I'm still committed. I'm just keeping my options open," Davis said. "I'm excited about coming to North Texas. I came for a camp over the summer."

Davis is one of the top prospects on UNT's board, if you go by ESPN's rankings (yes, they matter). Only offensive lineman Boone Feldt is rated higher. Other sites are not as high on Davis, but the fact that schools are coming in late says a lot.

Read More: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/

Eh, it's a big decision. I don't blame a kid for wanting to make sure he's making the right one. Who knows? Maybe visiting La Tech will strengthen his commitment to UNT.

If Devante' allows facilities to help sway him then La Tech doesn't have a prayer. The Dawgs will show him blueprints of the bridge to nowhere.

GMG!

• Upvote 2

Do all of you vindictive guys REALLY feel that way? Put yourself in any of our coaches' shoes. Would you really go tell off a guy you've been chasing for a year or more because he said he might be interested in another school? REALLY?

The second you tell them "We're not as interested in you now because you're not as interested in us..." is the second you lose that commit. Plain & simple.

All that said, Devante, if you read this board: Get up here man. We're excited to see you in Green and we've been excited ever since you committed!

• Upvote 1

Do all of you vindictive guys REALLY feel that way? Put yourself in any of our coaches' shoes. Would you really go tell off a guy you've been chasing for a year or more because he said he might be interested in another school? REALLY?

The second you tell them "We're not as interested in you now because you're not as interested in us..." is the second you lose that commit. Plain & simple.

All that said, Devante, if you read this board: Get up here man. We're excited to see you in Green and we've been excited ever since you committed!

I think the frustration stems from a fairly inevitable decommit from someone we were pretty enthusiastic about...Chase Walling. Devante....while LA Tech is winning right now....just ask yourself where you want to spend every day of school. Should it be in Denton with access to Dallas just 30 minutes away or should it be Ruston with access to.....let me get back with you when I think of something.

First, nobody's decommitted as of this morning and secondly, when was the last time that another team was after one of our recruits? I still think we hold on to them and these young men turn out to men of their word.

Ditto here Lifer, the fact all these schools are after our players is indeed a good sign. This wasn't happening with the prior regime.

Ditto here Lifer, the fact all these schools are after our players is indeed a good sign. This wasn't happening with the prior regime.

That comment is a little off-base. We had several schools transfere a bit bigger and better than LaTech or Tulane after our recruits. For example, Colorado was after Lance, DaWaylon Cook decommitted from TCU to go to UNT, John Shorter decommitted from Tulsa, West Virginia offered Shavod Atkinson (I think), and there were numerous others in which we beat out some big schools.

• Upvote 3

I don't know why this is a surprise to some. Even during the DD days, kids who gave us their verbal still took other visits. It happens to every single school, every single year.

We had several visitors today who have already given verbals to other schools

Recruiting is no longer a friendship agreement , it's now a business

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1