Columbia (12/3/11)

CMJ

Any time we lose, no matter by how much, the refs are never to be blamed on this board. I'm sure someone will come on here soon to tell you how much of a basketball idiot you are, but it won't be me.

Call it how you see it.

One in particular was terrible.

3 things killed us in this game:

1. Columbia was nailing 3's from everywhere, even with guys draped all over them and hands in their faces.

2. Struggled on putbacks and especially on 3 point shots. We failed to capitalize on a lot of opportunities, especially on second chance opportunities under the basket.

3. One ref in particular called a terrible game (from our perspective). The Chris Jones phantom charge was a 3 point swing, and there were more than a handful of other terrible calls and no-calls. JJ actually shouted in to Roger Franklin "Roger, don't count on the whistles, because they aren't gonna give you any". And Roger said something to the effect of "Yes sir, I know".

The killer is that we had great refs yesterday. Unfortunately, it looks like the WCC (much like the Sun Belt) doesn't deliver decent officiating on Saturdays.

We looked good pressing and trapping, we fought back well, but we just couldn't capitalize when we created opportunities and we couldn't get it down past a 2 possession game.

It's concerning that we're still struggling. I thought we'd be further along by game 7... Hopefully we'll get our feet back under us once we're finally playing at home.

Any time we lose, no matter by how much, the refs are never to be blamed on this board. I'm sure someone will come on here soon to tell you how much of a basketball idiot you are, but it won't be me.

Call it how you see it.

You know, I'm actually probably one of those guys that would think that. And to be clear, the ref(s) didn't cause us to lose the game tonight. Maybe it was the Mean Green Kool Aid running through my veins getting to see our team live tonight, but I still say that guy was an A-hole. I also won't contest anyone that calls me out for it. I just had a blast tonight and am basking in the moment.

Points #1 and #2 by Tasty are spot on. Very frustrating last night. You can see this team has talent, they just need to grow. Obviously Chris Jones is ahead of the game. Just so calm as a Frosh.

Jordin has so much talent and athleticism, but his immaturity gets in his way. Every time he did something rookie and JJ pulled him out he would spend a lot of time talking to him. Once he figures it out that kid will be good!

I think it will come together and the addition of TM will only make it better.

Good finally meeting some of you guys last night!

Patrick

• Upvote 1

I can't you bball fans any smack without the overreaction? How many times have those on the football board seen the exact same thing posted about basketball. Just trying to give some of it back.

Call me when your team wins a D1 game...

The door is always open, Mean Green friend.

LMU win + WBB tourney + MTSU win = happy MGN.

Edited by greenminer