Where has that Drive Been All Game?!?!

MeanGreenGlory

Nearly flawless. Picked up the pace. McNulty looked great. Completed every pass, scrambled well, and moved the chains quickly.

Different play calls? Pissed about the previous interception?

I don't know what it was, but I wished we had been doing all game and not just the last drive.

Um...game was over and Arkansas State didn't give a crap at that point. Easy to score when the opponent puts in their spares and doesn't care anymore.

The measure of a quarterback is what he does when the game is still on the line. When the game was still on the line and Arkansas State's first teamers were in, McNulty was awful.

He's not a good quarterback.

• Upvote 1

So everyone Is ready to induct Osbourne into the NT HOF based on garbage time drives. But when McNulty does it, it's because he was "facing the spares."

We've seen 10 minutes of Osbourne playing this year. McCarney has seen them every day at practice. I know who I'm going to trust with this decision and it isn't a bunch of knee jerking, bitter alumni.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So everyone Is ready to induct Osbourne into the NT HOF based on garbage time drives. But when McNulty does it, it's because he was "facing the spares."

We've seen 10 minutes of Osbourne playing this year. McCarney has seen them every day at practice. I know who I'm going to trust with this decision and it isn't a bunch of knee jerking, bitter alumni.

wow so now as alumni we are not allowed to complain about a 7th straight rebuilding season. How about you take the stick out of your a$$ and not read some of the comments if it is so offensive to your dreamworld

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Keith7, my issue has always been how the two were used early in the season. McNulty was brought in against Houston after DT put us in scoring position. The result? McNulty scores the first TD in Apogee history. Against Alabama, Osborn drives us to like their two yard line and looked sharp doing it. McNulty is brought in at this moment only to lose roughly 12 yards on two plays securing Bama's shutout.

Why hasn't Osborn been inserted in like scenarios where success is more easily achieved? Early in the year, in games when it counted, Osborn was clearly superior to McNulty yet McNulty got the start. I was very vocal on here asking why. DT has started since then to put an end to the issue, that was until yesterday. Doesn't surprise me that McNulty played in DT's spot as I would guess Osborn has had it with our program. Sorry is ypu don't like my take on this, but that is how I see it.

We have to take McCarney's word for it since practices are closed, none of the other coaches speak to the media, Vito won't dig for answers since they'll just shut him out and he makes his paycheck on covering NT and we sure as hell can't afford another buyout, thus making McCarney virtually untouchable.

• Upvote 1