So I tried to pick up my student ticket yesterday

oldguystudent

I went to the student union, but found that they're only giving out tickets from 10-1, and I only have night classes! Now I'll have to WALK to the stadium ticket window, carrying the extra weight of my student ID card to the game! And I'll have to make that arduous journey two hours early!

How can the AD be so insensitive to us students who invest so much of our hard borrowed money into this program via our duly elected student fee? I'm outraged! I haven't even received a personal letter from Coach McCarney this week! How else am I supposed to know how to express my school spirit without personal communication from the staff?

I pay virtually NOTHING into this program! I demand to be heard!

This is an outrage and an obvious case of insensitivity. I think the students should hold an Occupy Apogee protest.

• Upvote 5

I went to the student union, but found that they're only giving out tickets from 10-1, and I only have night classes! Now I'll have to WALK to the stadium ticket window, carrying the extra weight of my student ID card to the game! And I'll have to make that arduous journey two hours early!

How can the AD be so insensitive to us students who invest so much of our hard borrowed money into this program via our duly elected student fee? I'm outraged! I haven't even received a personal letter from Coach McCarney this week! How else am I supposed to know how to express my school spirit without personal communication from the staff?

Funny stuff...you put a smile on my face this afternoon. If you need help carrying that ID I can find you some help. Too funny. I tried to PLUS 1 you but hit the wrong button and gave you a -1. PLEASE PLEASE someone go "fix" my mistake by giving oldguy some Plus 1's for this obvious tongue in cheek posting. HOF worthy it is.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is an outrage and an obvious case of insensitivity. I think the students should hold an Occupy Apogee protest.

Can you guys try and occupy Apogee about 4:00 pm this Saturday? That would work out for everybody...

Your protest chants should be "North.....Texas".... There are some others like yelling when u-la-mon has the ball and it is 3rd or 4th down... stuff like that will really show the athletic department what's what.

• Upvote 6

Sorry OGS,

As well as you have performed during your night class coursework, your ticket will be given to UNTCrazy727 who looks better in his study group. Plus, the ticket counter worker is best friends with UNTCrazy727's parents, so you're going to be left with standing room only tickets.

I am sure there will be a reason as to why not but why not let......UNT students use their Student ID cards bar codes to enter Apogee and cut out the middle man who seems to have a very short timeline window for UNT students to come to the ticket windows to get their tickets.

OK, lets hear the beaurocratic campus bylaws reason of why this cannot happen.:)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I am sure there will be a reason as to why not but why not let......UNT students use their Student ID cards bar codes to enter Apogee and cut out the middle man who seems to have a very short timeline window for UNT students to come to the ticket windows to get their tickets.

OK, lets hear the beaurocratic campus bylaws reason of why this cannot happen.:)

GMG!

In all seriousness, I think the idea was to add valence to the tickets for the students, thus bringing a bit more commitment on their part to actually show up. Didn't end up working out that way though.

• Downvote 1

Step 1: Make Occupy Apogee signs.

Step 2: Take signs to the Occcupy Dallas, Occupy Denton, and Occupy Fort Worth hippies

Step 3: Tell said hippies that Apogee is a French word meaning Metroplex

Step 4: Go back and make more signs, as said hippies will wholeheartedly support the movement and call friends

Step 5: giggle when the signs appear on Channel 8 news

• Upvote 1

Step 1: Make Occupy Apogee signs.

Step 2: Take signs to the Occcupy Dallas, Occupy Denton, and Occupy Fort Worth hippies

Step 3: Tell said hippies that Apogee is a French word meaning Metroplex

Step 4: Go back and make more signs, as said hippies will wholeheartedly support the movement and call friends

Step 5: giggle when the signs appear on Channel 8 news

Step 6: ...

Step 7: Profit

• Upvote 2

You know I support the whole "Occupy" thing (as yes, I'm a dirty hippie, pinko, Commie), but I also think some "Occupy Apogee" signage would be a great little taking advantage of current events marketing tool.

Just a thought.

you should at least take a shower and be a clean hippie. No need to be uncomfortable

In all seriousness, I think the idea was to add valence to the tickets for the students, thus bringing a bit more commitment on their part to actually show up. Didn't end up working out that way though.

Until we get our parking a bit more simplied (starting with the I35-E glass covered walk way from Fouts to Apogee next Fall), NT should make it as easy as possible for the students since it was (after all) the students who made Apogee Stadium possible for us. Just sayin'...

GMG!

Until we get our parking a bit more simplied (starting with the I35-E glass covered walk way from Fouts to Apogee next Fall)

Somebody's gonna' have to explain this parking thing to me some time. The only trouble I've had is finding a time when I can unload for the tailgate without 3 "cops" in a golf cart riding up and threatening to tow me. (Still haven't found that magical approved "drop-off" time). Other than that, I drive up 35, exit Bonnie Brae, turn left, give three cops in a golf cart a parking pass, drive in, and park. After the game, the traffic is forced out the east side of the lot onto the 35 service road, where I easily pop on the freeway and head on home. Took less then 10 minutes to get out last home game.

Granted, I've not tried going to the Fouts lot, so I don't know what that traffic flow is like.