1st Practice Video

NT Alum '04

Yes, you are right; Shannon could drive the ball but did it too infreqently while taking too many threes IMO.

I remember he came in with the 'slasher' tag, and seemed to drive more his Junior year here. I wonder whether shooting more from the perimeter was his choice, or something the staff coached him to do?

I'd think Alonzo could log time at the 5 (not sure that alleviates your health concerns, of course). Mitchell played 4/5 for the U-19 squad, so I think he could as well in the Sun Belt. Robinson and Stojkovic will both probably drift a bit more than you'd want from your 5...but, in a pinch, I suppose.

People need to remember that Mitchell will most likely play the 5 spot on defense. He will also play a lot of 5 on offense. it will be really interesting to see if JJ adjust to his players or makes his players adjust to his system. I think it will be somewhere in the middle.

I do wish we were running a pure motion offense this year, though.

What, a five-out with Mitchell, Patton, Franklin, Jordan and Alzee? That'd create a lot of match-up problems and would be a blast to watch.

That rotation will be a defensive powerhouse. Blocked shots all around! I'm imagining little Raymond Taylor covered like white on rice by Alzee, then getting stuffed when he settles for a jumper because there's too much length in the middle. Put Ked in and move Mitchell over to 4 and either take Patton, Franklin, or Jordan off the floor and I think it gets even better.

I know J Williams' offense is exciting, but how is he on D?

Cooley?

That rotation will be a defensive powerhouse. Blocked shots all around! I'm imagining little Raymond Taylor covered like white on rice by Alzee, then getting stuffed when he settles for a jumper because there's too much length in the middle. Put Ked in and move Mitchell over to 4 and either take Patton, Franklin, or Jordan off the floor and I think it gets even better.

Not bad, would like to see more intensity on D. We should not sleep on Chris Jones' defense! Kid will pick his man up at half court and apply relentless pressure. He will also run down anyone going in for a layup and block their shot from behind.

I know J Williams' offense is exciting, but how is he on D?

Cooley?

Like I noted in previous post the NBA scouts will be all over UNT because of Mitchell and now their here early to take a look at other talent. That's one reason I believe our team will be motivated to gel quickly and play there best ball as soon as possible. The NBA scout wasn't here to see Mitchell unless he wanted to see a before Mitchell arrived at UNT and after picture to see what deference Tony makes to the team once he's on board.

How many times in the past has an NBA scout ever been to a UNT BB practice?

Go Mean Green!!!