Chapel Hill Recruits: Thursday Night Report

Final Score:

3-A Chapel Hill 59

4-A Whitehouse 49

Teams combined – 1,162 yards of offense

UNT commits:

Rex Rollins – did not play – injured

Sir Calvin Wallace – did not play for 2nd week – ankle injury

Andrew Tucker - rushed for 157 yards and two touchdowns and also had four catches for 96 yards for Chapel Hill (2-0).

Wallace must be dinged pretty good. great night for Tucker...who does CH have next week?

Wallace was on the sideline last night in a flexible boot - left ankle. He was hurt in a scrimmage three weeks ago tonight. I was told by one of the coaches that he would be out 2 - 3 weeks - so it is possible he will be back this next week. I was also told by someone in a position to know that in their opinion Sir Calvin needs Dan McCarney's "influence" in order to toughen up.

Andrew Tucker averaged almost 8 yards per carry - caught four passes averaging 24 yards a catch - and played on defense (which is supposedly where UNT is projecting him to play).

CH plays at Carthage next Friday - Carthage won (I think for the 3rd time in a row) the 3-A Division 2 State Championship last year. CH beat them last year by about 25 - 30 points.

As an aside - Whitehouse has a receiver named Jonathan Aldridge that is relatively tall, fast and can break tackles - he ate CH up last night. I would love to see the UNT coaches take a look at him.

• Upvote 2

Wallace was on the sideline last night in a flexible boot - left ankle. He was hurt in a scrimmage three weeks ago tonight. I was told by one of the coaches that he would be out 2 - 3 weeks - so it is possible he will be back this next week. I was also told by someone in a position to know that in their opinion Sir Calvin needs Dan McCarney's "influence" in order to toughen up.

Andrew Tucker averaged almost 8 yards per carry - caught four passes averaging 24 yards a catch - and played on defense (which is supposedly where UNT is projecting him to play).

CH plays at Carthage next Friday - Carthage won (I think for the 3rd time in a row) the 3-A Division 2 State Championship last year. CH beat them last year by about 25 - 30 points.

As an aside - Whitehouse has a receiver named Jonathan Aldridge that is relatively tall, fast and can break tackles - he ate CH up last night. I would love to see the UNT coaches take a look at him.

Thanks for the great rundown. Can't wait to hear about the results from the showdown with Carthage Friday night. Should be an exciting matchup!

• Upvote 1