Post Game Analysis

shaft

I dont want to sound like the green kool aid guy, but honestly after we settled down we didnt play terrible. The major weaknesses I saw were still the same, bad d line play and just flat missing tackles. I liked how Thompson showed some balls by staying in the pocket a few times. FIU, as bad as it sounds, just has way more talent then us across the board. We knew something like this was probably going to happen, new unis and a new stadium dont make better players, and this was about the score last year vs FIU. It will be interesting to see how we regroup and play vs. the MUTS, ULL, WKU, ASU, FAU's of the 'Belt. Rattle of 4-5 wins and honestly I say the season was a success.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Brent Osborn should be our starting QB. But other than that, after the 1st Q, the score was 16-13 UNT. And no, they didn't pull their starters that early.

I agree. Osborn looked comfortable and confident. He reminded me of Scott Hall in many ways. He should be the started and should have replaced Thompson in the second quarter.

imop

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Downvote 1

Positives

Dunbar didn't get killed with all those carries into a stacked defense

After falling way behind NT decided that maybe running up the middle nearly every play is not going to work

Does a lot to make Houston over confident

Chancellor and Aterberry had great games

Should make students happy when they saw were FIU put their students even though they pay bigger athletic fees than NT

Team did not quit

Got to hear at least twenty times how superior FIU athletes were (yes but not nearly as much as the announcers think)

Loved to watch McCarney on sidelines versus our last two unemotional HC's

We now have another QB controversy brewing

NT players got to see what rain is like

Positives

Dunbar didn't get killed with all those carries into a stacked defense

After falling way behind NT decided that maybe running up the middle nearly every play is not going to work

Does a lot to make Houston over confident

Chancellor and Aterberry had great games

Should make students happy when they saw were FIU put their students even though they pay bigger athletic fees than NT

Team did not quit

Got to hear at least twenty times how superior FIU athletes were (yes but not nearly as much as the announcers think)

Loved to watch McCarney on sidelines versus our last two unemotional HC's

We now have another QB controversy brewing

NT players got to see what rain is like

So our positive was letting our next opponent get a big head? Luckily for them they only need one quarter to beat us.

• Downvote 1