UNT Commit #5 LB Jarrian Roberts - Clarksville

Come on Vito, all you have to do is do a simple internet search for any of these kids these days.

Highlights

Junior Basketball Photo

Lists Arkansas, Kansas, La Tech, TCU, and Tulsa as schools of interest.

Hell, I searched the coach first and read 6-A as 6A, so I can't give him any grief.

Small school kid with really good size and a frame for even more. Not to mention a star in football, basketball, and baseball.

Sure would like to know a 40 time, though.

Edited by UNT90

First impressions, love his size -- he sheds block very well. Nice form on his tackles (he wraps up). I agree with other that with his frame he could end up at defensive end. Kudos to McCarney for adding much needed size to this program. Interesting that we are taking the TCU route of looking heavy into East Texas.

Mac has said over and over that this was the worst looking team physically in Division 1 football in the country. I can't say I disagree. His most recent stops have been at 2 programs with 2 of the better looking teams physically in the country in Florida and USF, so the standard is very high. Also, pretty cool that he was able to keep Coach Wintrich over multiple BCS-Conference offers for player speed development and strength / conditioning.

While watching this clip I couldn't help but notice #15. (WR) -His name is Gary Moore. Turns out he is the Co-MVP along with Jarrian Roberts in basketball. He's 6' 6" 220 with burst. He'll be a junior this year. The Longhorn fans are chatting about him in their 2013 class as an athletic specimen. I hope we get him in for Junior Day / a summer camp.

While watching this clip I couldn't help but notice #15. (WR) -His name is Gary Moore. Turns out he is the Co-MVP along with Jarrian Roberts in basketball. He's 6' 6" 220 with burst. He'll be a junior this year. The Longhorn fans are chatting about him in their 2013 class as an athletic specimen. I hope we get him in for Junior Day / a summer camp.

I agree he looks really good.

Thankfully, I trust Coach Mac and his staff. If this had been Todd Dodge he'd have really dampened my enthusiasm. We have put out offers to some great athletes but so far all our commits are pretty far under the radar. It's not that these kids won't be great athletes it's just that I was hoping for some names that we can all agree would mean that we were coming on strong.

This may take longer than I thought and I don't have many seasons left.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

LB's, DE's, and DT's Oh My!

Yesterday was a VERY good day for the Mean Green. Starting with the last class, I really like the young men coming in... no offense(ha) to the recruits on the Offense, but seeing lb's, de's, and dt's joining the Mean Green family brings a small green tear to my eye. I can't wait for our new d coordinator and Mac to mold these young men into captains of chaos... seek and destroy young men... seek and destroy!

LB's, DE's, and DT's Oh My!

Yesterday was a VERY good day for the Mean Green. Starting with the last class, I really like the young men coming in... no offense(ha) to the recruits on the Offense, but seeing lb's, de's, and dt's joining the Mean Green family brings a small green tear to my eye. I can't wait for our new d coordinator and Mac to mold these young men into captains of chaos... seek and destroy young men... seek and destroy!

Our new entrance music???