Amarillo UNT/North Texas fans & graduates

I moved to Amarillo after graduation last year with my new wife. I've seen one or two cars with UNT stuff but I was curious if there are another other UNT fanatics here in the Panhandle. It's been lonely so far...

• Upvote 1

I moved to Amarillo after graduation last year with my new wife. I've seen one or two cars with UNT stuff but I was curious if there are another other UNT fanatics here in the Panhandle. It's been lonely so far...

You should try to start an Alumni chapter up there. I was born in Amarillo and still have some family there, but I don't know any alums up there. If you start up a chapter, the Alumni Association might be able to help you shake some folks out of the woodwork. That way you might get some company to watch the games with you at the local sports bar.

I live in Canyon - 15 miles S of Amarillo.

When you're not watching the Mean Green check out the WT Buffs. It's Division II but it's still a great football experience.

There are several UNT grads teaching at WT but most seem to not be very interested in athletics.

GMG

When you're not watching the Mean Green check out the WT Buffs. It's Division II but it's still a great football experience.

There are several UNT grads teaching at WT but most seem to not be very interested in athletics.

GMG

My freshman girlfriend transferred to WT (perhaps WT isn't the best acronym to use officially). She was on a bowling scholarship of all things. Nice little campus, with emphasis on little, back when I visited and yes they do love their football.

WT (one motto is "Always WT") reminds me a lot of when I started at NT in the 1970s. It will never grow as big as UNT - Amarillo ain't no Metroplex - but it's a nice medium sized state university.

Athletics is huge here - much moreso than UNT when I was there. Volleyball, women's basketball, softball, & soccer, and, of course, football are all successful and well supported. The university opened a new sports park (soccer, softball, baseball) this year.

My heart will always be green, but WT is a nice school and as my second love - isn't bad.

GMG

Cool! My wife and I work for Canyon iSD.

You should try to start an Alumni chapter up there. I was born in Amarillo and still have some family there, but I don't know any alums up there. If you start up a chapter, the Alumni Association might be able to help you shake some folks out of the woodwork. That way you might get some company to watch the games with you at the local sports bar.

How would I go about starting a chapter?