Shaq fouls out!

Just thought I would start a thread to commemorate this event. It was the first time he has ever fouled out of a playoff game, amazing considering his whole game is based on what by rule is a foul. Let's just enjoy it while we can because unless the NBA suddenly starts officiating basketball and not WWE in the paint, it will never happen again.

Overheard from Robert Horry:

"Ohh I missed your nuts the first time Mr. Robinson, let me swing at them again"

He is the biggest crybaby in the playoffs this year. In addition, he is trying hard to get the biggest flopper award. He either whines or pretends he is fouled every time down the floor.

Overrated.  I think Shaq has outlived his prime.  But then again I speak from a very biased viewpoint.  I can't stand the Lakers.  So I think that entire team is overrated!  And please don't flame me!  I know that there might be a Laker fan in our midst.  But don't hate me please!  blink.gif

Hate you?? You have just gained more respect from me laugh.gif

SA was ahead for most of the game. Shaq had 27 and 21 ( I might be off by one or two) and Kobe had 37, so I would say that it wasn't just LA sucking. No one from SA had to have the game of their lives to win. I really think SA has a great chance at taking this series.

Ya know, it was the second time Shaq had fouled out. I hate to say Sportscenter and everyone else is wrong, but he fouled out of the NBA Finals the year they played the Pacers...I believe in Game 4.

BTW on Shaq. A great player? Yes...he really is one. I think only people blinded by their hatred of the Lakers can't admit to his greatness. Do I like him? Not in the least. I hope they get swept.

So Spurs!

Kidd is your favorite player? He is a great one, but I've always been kinda nuetral on him.

I think it dates back to when he was at California in college. I'm wasn't a big PAC-10 guy(with the occassional exception) and I think that has kinda clouded my liking of him over the years.

Yeah by the time I was a 7th grader I was already a long suffering Mavs fan and then Jason got drafted. He was my favorite player by his second game in the NBA. I still have the newspaper clippings from his three triple doubles from the end of that season somewhere. I love the way he plays, unselfish, hustling, great passer, tough. He had a great game tonight. He just does whatever he has to do to make his team win.

How about that butt-whipping tonight by the Spurs? They were up by 31 I think when Duncan came out. It's amazing how limited Shaq's game is when there is an official that actually calls the foul when he displaces the defender in the post. I don't see how the Lakers can come back, not only do they look mortal, as bad as they look I'm pretty sure the Mavs can take them right now.

I had to share this. It's a quote from Sam Smith in an article he wrote for espn.com comparing the Lakers fall to that of the Pistons in 1991. Talking about how much the Lakers say they miss Fox:

"The three-time defending champions need Fox and his 42 percent shooting and nine-point average from this season?

That's trouble."

I can remember when the Pistons exited in 1991. All Detroit players except for the 5 remaining on the floor headed to the locker room before the game was even over. I thought it was really classless.