Lance Dunbar's Draft Stock

SHOSS

Interesting, no draft round projection yet, but RB ranking(18 out of 162) listed...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profilexnews.php?pyid=82508&draftyear=2012&genpos=RB

Let's see how this changes over the season.

they keep saying he's too small, but every year i see rb's drafted that are his size or smaller with what i believe to be similar talent.

this year's draft:

-kendall hunter, osu, 5-8 197 5th rd

-jacquizz rogers, org st, 5-7 191 5th rd

-dion lewis, pitt, 5-8 195 5th rd

-jordan todman, uconn, 5-9 190 6th rd

i don't know their 40 times, but they probably aren't too far off and i put his vision and elusiveness up against any of these guys. i think his ranking will rise and he'll end up getting drafted.

• Upvote 2

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_RB : 40 ht and wt are very comparable... he is 18 on this list too...

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/player/lance-dunbar/15461 : this says 4th round number 110, teaming up with Patrick... as a dolphin.

On a side note, I have figured out how to copy and paste links on my Android phone... lookout

Gmg

Edited by SHOSS
  • Upvote 1

K state game... Wow. Freshmen jamario like.

• Upvote 1

Hate to be "that guy" but projecting impact NFL players is at best an inexact science.

Texans 2010 All-Pro and Pro-Bowl selection Arian Foster was an UFA in 2009.

It's all about the system and a team's needs. I imagine a team will find space for a guy like Dunbar, whether drafted or otherwise.

Hate to be "that guy" but projecting impact NFL players is at best an inexact science.

Texans 2010 All-Pro and Pro-Bowl selection Arian Foster was an UFA in 2009.

It's all about the system and a team's needs. I imagine a team will find space for a guy like Dunbar, whether drafted or otherwise.

Usually it seems a player has a better chance of getting on a roster when he is picked up as a FA than being picked in the last round or two.

Usually it seems a player has a better chance of getting on a roster when he is picked up as a FA than being picked in the last round or two.

Agree except, I'd say RB's drafted after the 3rd round have a better chance going UFA route. I don't think LD will be drafted, just doesn't have the cookie cutter measurements the NFL focuses on today, but will go UFA route and will have a solid chance to play at the next level. Lance reminds me of DeDe Dorsey (an unknown to you all) in all aspects, he was an 2-Time NAIA All American. Their size, runnings style, and speed are almost identical. DeDe went the UFA route and had a much better chance, IMO, of earning a spot in the NFL than many 2006 draft choices because of it. The NFL is just too hung up on measurements for players outside the big 6.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think the senior season Dunbar has will have an impact. Let's face it every team we play will shadow him with their best. Of particular importance is how well he fares against non conference opponents.

Hopefully we will actually go all out against Alabama and not just run the ball with them knowing what is coming every play. Otherwise, he won't do much with 9 in the box.

It is likely he might get some nice yards in the other games though. I doubt Houston, Indiana, or Tulsa had strong rushing defenses.

EDIT: According to the NCAA, Tulsa did have the number 34 rushing defense at 131 yards per game. Houston and Indiana were not in the top 50. Bama was #10.

Agree 100% and in fact I would like to see them use him more as a receiver than they have. He has incredibly soft hands and I think they just haven't been effective in utilizing that skill. I need to look at his reception numbers but off the top of my head I hope they double them in 2011.