Had A Thought About Our Future...

Side Show Joe

I know... How are we going to get there? Well, I had an idea. If conferences like the Big East can hold off on expanding for a few years, we might have a shot at jumping to the front of the line for a C-USA invite.

McCarney was brought here to turn this program into a consistent winner. I truly beleive that within a few seasons this program will consistently be at the top of the Sun Belt. That alone is not enough to get us into C-USA. History has proven that winning in the Sun Belt and losing OOC games won't get us anywhere. We all know that we have to win the OOC games too. But, there is one future OOC opponent in particular that we must beat everytime we play them. As hard as it is for me to write this, we need SMU to consistantly be the best team in C-USA by the time we start playing them in 2014, and them beat the snot out of them every time we play.

For McCarney to design a team that can dominate the Belt is our first priority, but after that goal is realized, he must taylor the Mean Green to specifically dismantle the June Jones Run and Shoot. With what SMU is paying him I can't see a major program stealing him away.

If North Texas and SMU are the top teams in their conferences and we dominate them in both 2014 and 2015, I think our long awaited invite will show up. A top 25 ranking too. The logic is simple. C-USA won't tolerate their best team consistently losing to the Sun Belt's best team.

I just don't know if the Big East will wait 5 more years before expanding again.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

I know... How are we going to get there? Well, I had an idea. If conferences like the Big East can hold off on expanding for a few years, we might have a shot at jumping to the front of the line for a C-USA invite.

McCarney was brought here to turn this program into a consistent winner. I truly beleive that within a few seasons this program will consistently be at the top of the Sun Belt. That alone is not enough to get us into C-USA. History has proven that winning in the Sun Belt and losing OOC games won't get us anywhere. We all know that we have to win the OOC games too. But, there is one future OOC opponent in particular that we must beat everytime we play them. As hard as it is for me to write this, we need SMU to consistantly be the best team in C-USA by the time we start playing them in 2014, and them beat the snot out of them every time we play.

For McCarney to design a team that can dominate the Belt is our first priority, but after that goal is realized, he must taylor the Mean Green to specifically dismantle the June Jones Run and Shoot. With what SMU is paying him I can't see a major program stealing him away.

If North Texas and SMU are the top teams in their conferences and we dominate them in both 2014 and 2015, I think our long awaited invite will show up. A top 25 ranking too. The logic is simple. C-USA won't tolerate their best team consistently losing to the Sun Belt's best team.

I just don't know if the Big East will wait 5 more years before expanding again.

Think bigger than the C-USA.

• Downvote 2

Why should we wait until 2014 for this? Lets just start this coming year by beating one of C-USA's top teams in Houston and their golden-boy/heisman candidate Case Keenum!

Why should we wait until 2014 for this? Lets just start this coming year by beating one of C-USA's top teams in Houston and their golden-boy/heisman candidate Case Keenum!

Now this is the type of think the Mean Green need in the fan base.

Think big. The following is a post from Georgia Southern on there game with Bama.

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.php?13905-Augusta-Eagle-Club/page2

Did our coach not mention the first game was a scrimmage?

No he said the Alabama game was. We'll do our best to beat them by less than 50.

I'm sure we'll run it up though, we like to stay classy here at Georgia Southern..

You have to Think Big. The Mean Green can play and Beat anyone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So basically, we need to tailor our football to defeat just one team in one conference once we dominate our own. That's about as logical as training to beat only one boxer in your league or developing a military to only fight specific threat from one specific country.

You best be trollin', son.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1