Chris Jones Stats

I do find it strange that Lakeview's Gotcher is a 3* and is heading to Tech but that Jones who is making more media splash than Gotcher is coming into UNT as a 2*.

Here are Chris Jones's stats up to date as of today Chris Jones Max Preps

averaging out at 17 pts per game with just shy of 7 asst, 4 steals and 5 rbds per game I cannot wait to see him play in Green! It's just strange that Gotcher only beats Chris out in the Rbds stat but is 1 star higher. Not that it matters since keeping that extra star off of him allows us even more a chance to get ahold of him and sign him.

I do find it strange that Lakeview's Gotcher is a 3* and is heading to Tech but that Jones who is making more media splash than Gotcher is coming into UNT as a 2*.

averaging out at 17 pts per game with just shy of 7 asst, 4 steals and 5 rbds per game I cannot wait to see him play in Green! It's just strange that Gotcher only beats Chris out in the Rbds stat but is 1 star higher. Not that it matters since keeping that extra star off of him allows us even more a chance to get ahold of him and sign him.

Huh, Chris Jones is already signed. In fact, a recent DMN column rated him the number 2 player in the area behind only Nash. It is obvious that he is at least a 3 star recruit, and right now is probably playing the best of NT's class. Rivals is not always logica or right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

He blows him away in FG% as well. I saw him play this year and I think he is going to be really special. Might just well be ready for primetime right off the bat.

Well, depending on how things go down at Tech, Gotcher may end up here as well...

have to disagree with that assumption in that we are bringing in two Guards already in Norris and Jones and if anything we need a defensive standout to replace George's contributions to the game. While Gotcher's RPG is something over 7 it just isn't the double/double type performance that we need on every game day. Just my .02

I will take Gotcher and Henery any day with our last two scholarships!

I was thinking about this the other day...do we need to be careful not to have a huge (in numbers) freshman class, or do we just take those players because they are good and worry about it later? By my count, we would basically have 7 freshman if that happened (Robinson, Williams, Jones, Norris, plus hypothetical Gotcher and Henry, plus Tony Mitchell, although he will almost certainly not be here for 4 years, and he will technically be a sophomore unless he were to win an appeal to get this year back).

No Mitchell will still be a freshman. He didn't play a minute of college basketball this year, so he can technically use his transfer year as his redshirt year. But, no, there isn't a chance in hell that he's here for 3 years, much less 4. I'd go as far as to say I'd be shocked if he stayed 2 years. I'll just be happy if he's on the floor come mid-December.

No Mitchell will still be a freshman. He didn't play a minute of college basketball this year, so he can technically use his transfer year as his redshirt year. But, no, there isn't a chance in hell that he's here for 3 years, much less 4. I'd go as far as to say I'd be shocked if he stayed 2 years. I'll just be happy if he's on the floor come mid-December.

I don't think he can use a redshirt year when he is using this year because he was a partial/non qualifier. Unless I am misinterpreting, he will start off as a sophomore and have 2.5 years of eligibility left. If he were hypothetically still here after that he could apply to the NCAA to get that year (that he used to get eligible) back. The max eligibility he can get is 3.5 years. I'm sure it won't come to that though, but if it does, or even comes close to that, UNT will be #winning.

The only way Mitchell does not stay with this team before his eligibility is up will be because of academics! (or some other issue) He's All-Conference material now but needs too much work in all areas to even think about the next level. He's not a first round pick (with guaranteed money)which should be the goal of any kid coming out early. He's not even a lock to even make a pro roster. D-League or Europe is highly probable at the point.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2

Coming from someone that has seen him play several times, you're absolutely out of your mind. If he entered the draft THIS year, he'd be a first round lock. Having him until his eligibility is up is a pipe dream. I'll be glad to have him for one year, but there is no way in hell he stays the entire time. He's 6'9" with a ridiculous jumpshot and phenomenal athleticism. Guys with his size and skill set are NOT easy to come by.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2