The 2012 Schedule And Whatnot

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the gentleman was responding to the very first post of the thread. TXST@SM was listed as the second school right after Tulsa. The guy is just letting us know that they already have a schedule in place...

I'm glad someone read the OP.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I could see us playing Iowa State on a regular basis thanks to Coach Mac. Don't easily discount some of the soft-place-in-the-heart connections in college football, like UNT and Kansas State. Yeah we did a Home and Home with them but if it weren't for UNT being the only team that Bill Snyder beat when he took over at K-State in '89, they probably wouldn't have agreed to the deal. K-State beating UNT was their turnaround, and they didn't forget that. They gave us a huge "Thank You, we remember you" by being our last opponent at Fouts and sending it out to pasture with a hell of a game. (We also have Chico to thank for that, but that is for a different thread).

I doubt we play Iowa St very often. The Big 12 has nine conference games and Iowa St plays Iowa and Northern Iowa every year. That only leaves one non-conference game a year that they can schedule. I'm guessing that is probably full since they had to shuffle the schedule once the Big 12 added a conference game.

Yes to TN. Went to Knoxville in December and that town looks crazy on gameday. Where else in the world can you cheer for the Mean Green drenched in sherbert orange.

Peace to other fans coming on our board to talk sports. I welcome UTA TSU and the cartoons to come talk about sports. Can we play the cartoons in basketball soon, please. Very soon!

GMG

• Upvote 1

Yes to TN. Went to Knoxville in December and that town looks crazy on gameday. Where else in the world can you cheer for the Mean Green drenched in sherbert orange.

Peace to other fans coming on our board to talk sports. I welcome UTA TSU and the cartoons to come talk about sports. Can we play the cartoons in basketball soon, please. Very soon!

GMG

Always fun to talk sports. I hope to see UNT on or OOC soon.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I doubt we play Iowa St very often. The Big 12 has nine conference games and Iowa St plays Iowa and Northern Iowa every year. That only leaves one non-conference game a year that they can schedule. I'm guessing that is probably full since they had to shuffle the schedule once the Big 12 added a conference game.

Agree with this assessment in regards to I-State. We play Iowa every year, and UNI most years.

In addition to that we play Texas, A&M, Tech, and Baylor every year now. The chances of playing another Texas team in the non-con are slim.