Priority Points Frozen On 4/1

Green59

I received notification that the Athletic Department will freeze everyone's priority points on 4/1/11. Joining or renewing your membership in the Mean Green Club now will ensure receiving maximum Mean Green Priority Points for when the time comes to pick out your season ticket location in our new stadium. As a MGC Volunteer Rep, please send me a message if you would like information on joining, renewing or have any other questions.

• Upvote 2

I received notification that the Athletic Department will freeze everyone's priority points on 4/1/11. Joining or renewing your membership in the Mean Green Club now will ensure receiving maximum Mean Green Priority Points for when the time comes to pick out your season ticket location in our new stadium. As a MGC Volunteer Rep, please send me a message if you would like information on joining, renewing or have any other questions.

Our awesome AD again.

During the selling of the club level seats, we asked numerous times how the seating would be done. I have been a MGC member for a long time and have plenty of points to go around, but I wanted to bring on some new people who want to sit with us. They said it isn't a problem, just pick a "key" person and they will situate people around that "key" if you have multple families that want to bundle together.

Now that the AD has my family and friend's money, they change direction and seating is solely based on seniority and the new people either have to sit by themselves (money is spent), force me to pick in a lower teired day and maybe not even be able to select to get my three seperate new families to sit together, or ... just accept that the AD's word is about worthless and stop donating in the future.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Our awesome AD again.

During the selling of the club level seats, we asked numerous times how the seating would be done. I have been a MGC member for a long time and have plenty of points to go around, but I wanted to bring on some new people who want to sit with us. They said it isn't a problem, just pick a "key" person and they will situate people around that "key" if you have multple families that want to bundle together.

Now that the AD has my family and friend's money, they change direction and seating is solely based on seniority and the new people either have to sit by themselves (money is spent), force me to pick in a lower teired day and maybe not even be able to select to get my three seperate new families to sit together, or ... just accept that the AD's word is about worthless and stop donating in the future.

I don't think anyone here can help you with this. I'd give Rick a call and find out from him what the exact situation is.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Our awesome AD again.

lets not get our panties in a bunch.i have a hard time believing that your reguest will not be accomodated. the goal is to sell club seats, not piss off long time supporters such as yourself. just send rick an e-mail explaining your situation and requesting clairfication. i assure you that he will respond in a positive manner.[rick.villarreal@unt.edu

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I was told just last week that today (march 1) would be the cutoff date. This was from the ticket office when I renewed my MGC membership.

GMG!

Our awesome AD again.

I don’t know what you were told, but I was told from the beginning that all seats would be allocated by priority points. I have no problem with that and I understand that there are many long-time contributors to the Mean Green Club and season ticket holders who will have more points than I will have. They should have their choice of club seating for their families before I choose mine.

But I have to be honest here – I would not be a happy camper when my time came to choose club seating if I were essentially bumped from the club seats I would choose because others with more priority points were able to situate their friends/families, with no or fewer priority points than I have, in those seats simply because of some “key” person policy.

Regardless of what you may have been told, explain to me the fairness associated with such a policy.

And yes, I am a stakeholder in this policy – I will be purchasing club seating.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I don't know what you were told, but I was told from the beginning that all seats would be allocated by priority points. I have no problem with that and I understand that there are many long-time contributors to the Mean Green Club and season ticket holders who will have more points than I will have. They should have their choice of club seating for their families before I choose mine.

But I have to be honest here – I would not be a happy camper when my time came to choose club seating if I were essentially bumped from the club seats I would choose because others with more priority points were able to situate their friends/families, with no or fewer priority points than I have, in those seats simply because of some "key" person policy.

Regardless of what you may have been told, explain to me the fairness associated with such a policy.

And yes, I am a stakeholder in this policy – I will be purchasing club seating.

With just over half of the seats being sold (right now), this shouldn't be an issue. It isn't about 'fair', it is about honoring their word and sales pitch.

However, I wouldn't see it as unfair that someone who has donated more money than you (based on "priority points") and recruited a good number of new families willing to put up atleast 13k to come sit in a new stadium, as having an advantage as to where that group sits. That sounds fair to me. That person may have just brought 100k to the games for that year -- largely based on the ability to sit as a family/reunion/gaggle. I don't apologize for that not sitting right with you. Your sales person didn't give you that pitch. Mine did.

I admit, I had a grumpy day with a sick baby in the house and this rubbed me entirely wrong. This is just another miscommunication from the AD on a litany of topics over the years. I am somewhat optimistic they will keep their word, but it should not take haggling or convincing to keep donors coming back. It shouldn't be my burden to get them to honor their word. If the head honchos tell you something to your face multiple times an in writing -- you shouldn't be surprised by an email or gmg post saying it is going some other way. Just the way it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1