Adam Choplick

GrayEagle

Does anyone know if there is any interest in Denton High product Adam Choplick? He does not list any schools of interest on Rivals but I know that he has visited the campus. He is among the Top 30 in the area in both rebounds and points scored. Although only 6'6" he appears to be a true center, something that we are sorely lacking.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Does anyone know if there is any interest in Denton High product Adam Choplick? He does not list any schools of interest on Rivals but I know that he has visited the campus. He is among the Top 30 in the area in both rebounds and points scored. Although only 6'6" he appears to be a true center, something that we are sorely lacking.

And you know his Dad played for us....Adrian Choplick (was on our first NCAA tourney team). But from what I've heard....Adam is an even better baseball player. And that he will probably be highly drafted in June...and that's where he'll probably go--pro baseball.

He is a beast on the mound! Womack and Slovacka hold the kid in high esteem. You should go out and catch a game in the spring and see why he will be having a nice baseball career. Although the early surgery is a bit of a concern.

I probably will. Haven't seen a high school game since Austin was @ Ryan. I was glad he didn't go to GaTech to play hoops, he is just so much more talented on the diamond. Hopefully Adam will have similar success

What kind of surgery did he have ? I know kids now a days are actually getting Tommy John surgery when they don't even need it because you come out stronger than before.

Edited by NT03

My son said Adam's facebook page shows all basketball photos. It also shows photos of what look like basketball visits to A&M, OU and Iowa State. If he's going baseball, why would he visit Iowa State?

Because ever since he was what 11 years old he has been on the national radar for baseball? Mentioned on ESPN and CBS sports... for baseball.... People in other states only know him.... for baseball. He has been on the major league prospects list for quite some time. Now... with that being said if he hits a bump in the road with injuries to his arm then basketball could be possible. But I do not see it anywhere near his future

If he's going baseball, why would he visit Iowa State?

Would you not take a free paid for trip to another state? hell, I know if University of Hawaii offered my son a visit I would be gone in a heart beat. It might take two or three visits for me to decide if that is really the school for him...

• Upvote 1

Would you not take a free paid for trip to another state? hell, I know if University of Hawaii offered my son a visit I would be gone in a heart beat. It might take two or three visits for me to decide if that is really the school for him...

To Iowa, though?

Hayrides are not all they're cracked up to be. (Sorry, Quoner.)

• Upvote 1